Author Topic: 5112 - arabian horse with jockey  (Read 8180 times)

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
Re: 5112 - arabian horse with jockey
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 21:59:50 »
Nice review, great pics.
So should we stop calling them old and new horses and go with horse version 1 or v1, etc...? Or will it be the newest horse, new horse and old horse or original horse...
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 22:01:51 »
Nice review, great pics.
So should we stop calling them old and new horses and go with horse version 1 or v1, etc...? Or will it be the newest horse, new horse and old horse or original horse...

8} This is getting confusing..

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 22:51:39 »
Thanks for the nice eview and I enjoyed the three horse comparison photo - it really demonstrates change over time. I like the phase 3 horses very much.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 23:23:03 »
I'm sure it'll prove very popular, especially with the girls.

Not just the girls  ;) These newest horses are very suitable for cavalry-charges!  :cowboy: :knight:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 00:19:30 »
Thanks for the review and sharing your pics.  I love this the most.  I bet this one sells the best.

Offline Mangusdog

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 00:22:31 »
Oooh I really like the new horses.  I like the fact that there is no saddle hole.  I've only got one v.2 horse.  When I first saw it I was almost appalled, it looked like it was seriously under fed  :-[ (I'm not joking either that was the first thing I thought was starving horse).  Obviously they have to be that slim for the playmobil to fit, and once he was all set up with his saddle and armour he (she) looked much better.

I didn't think too much of the pony farm sets, but now hmmmm . . .

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 00:23:12 »
I love these new ones, but I also love the original version.... they have a certain charm and are so versatile! Would be hard to pick between the first and third for my favorites!

Thanks for the great review, Tenni. The stable looks really great.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 08:18:04 »
Thanks for the review and pics!! I'd love to have a galloping horse guard division  :love:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 17:39:05 »
I'd love to have a galloping horse guard division  :love:

yeah that'd be cool - i like the arab horse because he's pretty suitable for armies, etc imo - that's why i used it as a royal horse in my victorian story

the original horses were ok, but they only suit the old klickies - these new horses are by far my favorite and they match all the new klickies, which are also now more detailed

horses version 2 were always ugly :loco:
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 18:03:34 »
Doesn't it seem a waste, to end the old new horses?

And it's a darn shame the saddles don't fit.. IMO, a mistake...

But the horsies are GORGEOUS! :love:

I like the old horse. And the second generation horse was no big advance, in my opinion. But the new horse is a good change, I think. It makes the first generation to feel like vintage, like the difference between old klickies and the new ones.

It was a positive change, imo. But there'll always be place for the original playmobil horse in our hearts ;)

I like the fact that they changed the saddles. One of the problems with the horse in the middle was that the change hadn't been complete. Now it's well done. It's a problem that we'll have to get all new horses, all right, but future sets will come, I guess. Looking forward for the new horses in medieval sets (with medieval saddles! :yup: ) (...).
Gus
:blackhair: