Author Topic: 3298 Castle Expansion Capabilities???? I want higher walls!! Help!  (Read 9507 times)

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
Re: 3298 Castle Expansion Capabilities???? I want higher walls!! Help!
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 06:06:36 »
p.s. Oh, btw, the seige tower is now just a bit too short to work against the higher walls without the ramp being inclined upwards at about 25-30 degrees.  Unless I find a way to move the ramp to the top-most platform of the siege tower.
¿And this is a problem why?
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 07:10:38 »
¿And this is a problem why?

lol, well I guess it's not a problem for the folk INSIDE the castle, since their walls are too high for invading parties' siege towers to penetrate, but it's not so good for the invaders! (nor for me if I want to reenact an invasion using the towers!)

Even though one is sys x and the other is steck, I think these two wall aesthetics go well together, dontcha think?
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 07:25:41 »
This is great work Atto! Do you think its possible to take a few pics of the joining points too and the base of the steck tower?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 08:36:53 »
That's a very impressive castle custom.  I'd certainly think twice before attacking it! 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 10:21:20 »
Atto... the result is great!!!! It would be cool to see details of the parts you had to cut and how they fit. What do you use to cut a steck piece? That is thick plastic!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 13:56:54 »
Atto... the result is great!!!! It would be cool to see details of the parts you had to cut and how they fit. What do you use to cut a steck piece? That is thick plastic!

I've cut steck pieces, actually the male ends (and I am sure somebody is about to make a comment on that  :lol:), with an iron saw (is this the right term?--- see attachment)... not practical at all but I have no mechanical tools that I can use.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 15:15:15 »
I've cut steck pieces, actually the male ends (and I am sure somebody is about to make a comment on that  :lol:), with an iron saw (is this the right term?--- see attachment)... not practical at all but I have no mechanical tools that I can use.

If it works, it works so stick with it, Panos.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 17:50:15 »
it looks really great, atto! i'm surprised how good they look together!

I've cut steck pieces, actually the male ends (and I am sure somebody is about to make a comment on that  :lol:),

:giggle:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 18:42:18 »

We call those 'hack saws' here.  You could use a band saw to cut the pieces with.  You could also use a scroll saw.  A bet they make mini-bandsaws for hobbyists.  However, if you're not into really customizing steck pieces, this would be a waste.  Or you could take up some type of woodworking!   ;D

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 19:00:49 »
We call those 'hack saws' here.  You could use a band saw to cut the pieces with.  You could also use a scroll saw.  A bet they make mini-bandsaws for hobbyists.  However, if you're not into really customizing steck pieces, this would be a waste.  Or you could take up some type of woodworking!   ;D

I bought a bandsaw last week, and it is indeed very good for 'hacking up' Playmo :evilplan:

Before, I used an ordinary hacksaw as well :)

Damo :)