Author Topic: 4082 Mega THW set  (Read 16381 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 4082 Mega THW set
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 18:54:28 »
Now for the trailer which, like the truck is both dropside and a tipper.  |It also has a tow hitch of its own, so a train of trailers could be towed if necessary.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 19:04:13 »
On to the loader now.  This is BIG and doesn't really meet my needs for that reason, partly because of the space it takes up in a display and also because of the size a display would have to be to if it were not to dominate the scene.  For these reasons, I also bought the 4089 compact loader, review to follow.

The engine cover lifts up to reveal the engine block with some nice detail touches for what is a representational plain silver piece.  On one side of the block is a high voltage electricity warning and on the other a removeable filler cap for either the radiator or the hydraulic system.  Maybe the latter is more likely as the machine will depend so much on hydraulics for its operation.  Whichever it's for, it's bits of detail like this which makes Playmobil what it is and goes some way to mkae up for the poorly fitting hub caps on the lighting/equipment trailer.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 19:09:27 »
The loader bucket is operated by the black handle and has four positions where it is fixed in place.  This means that the bucket can be filled with material and then the loader can be "driven", for example, to the truck and the bucket emptied into the truck without the "driver" having to hold the bucket mechanism in place.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2008, 19:11:24 »
I'll continue this review tomorrow, looking at the crew and accessories and some comments on value for money and the "dangers" of the set.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2008, 19:28:18 »
Hi playmofire
I got the same problem  >:( whit the wheel rims on my THW lighting trailer.

pingo

Hello pingo,
I had this similar problem with other vehicles that incorporate the small wheel center caps you are referring to. The correction to this situation short of totally replacing them like Playmofire did, is I found a small metric nut socket that was just large enough not to go in to the center of the retainer fingers on the inside of the wheel cap. I warmed the center cap in hot water to make it pliable. Then you insert the socket into the center of the rear of the center cap to spread the fingers apart. Next you cool the center cap with the socket still in place under cold tap water. Remove the socket, & insert center cap into wheel. It should be noticeably more secure.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 03:48:23 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2008, 19:35:36 »
Aha, hence the presence of the children in 4088 - THW Bus.  I wondered about that.

Here in the USA there are Eagle Scouts, Boy Scouts etc. Through these organizations start explorer groups for young boys that maybe interested in continuing into this line of work as they get older.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2008, 02:10:37 »
If young boys go into the THW what do the young girls do ?

Boy scouts is a bit to predigest and religious to be of general use for the publics good .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2008, 03:42:27 »
If young boys go into the THW what do the young girls do ?

Boy scouts is a bit to predigest and religious to be of general use for the publics good .

Young girls join the THW, and jugendfeuerwehr (young firefighters) too.   The attached picture is the Karlsruhe young THW.

Looking at the picture more closely, it looks as if boys are allowed to join as well as girls! 

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2008, 04:01:34 »

That's your opinion. Though I have seen it have a positive effect on young people in a lot of cases. Many of the junior firefighters that came from the Explorer programs, turned out to be the most dedicated, & well trained certified firefighters when they turned of age that I served with over the years.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 04:23:08 by Bill Blackhurst »

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2008, 07:49:02 »
Thanks for the review, Playmofire. I know two little boys who would love that set.
Thankfully, they have't seen it yet  :lol:

Bogro

As a side-note:

... Boy scouts is a bit to predigest and religious to be of general use for the publics good ...

It isn't here  ;)
... and then dusk came and brought despair.