Author Topic: Pyche's Psychotic Ebay Binge  (Read 10310 times)

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Re: Pyche's Psychotic Ebay Binge
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 02:11:52 »
Rumor has it you just got the Western Train too Meg.  :)  We shall have to have a train race across the North/Midwest! I'll start here and you start in Madison and we'll meet up, where? Eastern Montanna? :D
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 02:41:30 »
D***, you are GOOD

I got it after I got the windmill and the water thingie.

All I needed was the train, but it wasnt MIB and there are some small parts  that are missing

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 08:52:42 »
If it makes you feel better...I've not yet got the "water thingy" (I'm assuming you mean this beauty?

Can you look at yours and tell me if this one looks complete?

Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 11:26:26 »
Nice lot of stuff you got there Psyche.

As for that water tower and windmill combo ( I looked at it the other day) that water tower is not complete. There should be a guard rail around the walkway and a small ladder going from the walkway to the top of the orange water butt. There should also be an orange trap door on the brown roof that is not visible and a couple of grey ropes should go around the water tower and the rope you can see is not original, also theres no figure and I can't tell if the ladder is there at the back that takes you up to the walkway.

Basically it's spares or repairs with those two.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 11:40:45 »
Here's a picture so you can see what's missing, sorry for the writing it's a bit poor done with a paint brush, not sure why I put figure on it,  it's a bit obvious.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 15:56:57 »
Thanks for the info Garry. The seller said they weren't complete and I was pretty sure there should be a rail and ladder. But have never seen the water tower in "real life".  (And I've got the complete windmill.) Thanks for the help. :)

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 00:04:22 by Psyche »

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 17:41:00 »
Well, Garry did a better job than I could have.

i know my train is not complete, in dealing with the accessories for the figures, but otherwise, I think its ok.

M

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 00:05:13 »

i know my train is not complete, in dealing with the accessories for the figures, but otherwise, I think its ok.

M

As long as it does the "chuga chuga chew chew" bit, I'm sure it's great! :)

Offline Madame X

• Defender of frogs 'n' bunnies 'n' stuff
  • x
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • Don't even think about despoiling my pond!
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 20:12:36 »
Well done, Psyche!  Almost all of those sets are on my "most favorite/most wanted" list.  I salute you for plunging in to the non-English sector of ebay and you deserve all of those great finds for your patience.  Good things come to those who wait!   :)9

I am particularly fond of that train and have been looking for one for a loooooooong time and am still kicking myself for not buying one in a busted-up box at a post-Christmas clearance sale 6 or 7 years ago at Noodle Kidoodle (before it became Zany Brainy and then went out of business  ::)

P will be happy now since he obviously won't have to buy you anything for Christmas!   ;) :lol:

- Anne   (formerly Indianna)

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 21:01:20 »
P will be happy now since he obviously won't have to buy you anything for Christmas!   ;) :lol:

:lol:  Who says?  ;) ;D
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."