Author Topic: Early 2022 catalogue preview  (Read 10773 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: Early 2022 catalogue preview
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2021, 16:00:33 »
Looking back at all the western & medieval re-releases the colors were accurate but there were no klickies . The prices were not too outrageous

The Merry Men's Feast was a full copy with all klickies included, so there is hope  :uhoh: :prays:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Online Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2021, 16:09:08 »
Looking back at all the western & medieval re-releases the colors were accurate but there were no klickies . The prices were not too outrageous

That's what makes me think they will re-issue in the original colours - I can only think of the Victorian Car 6420 re-issued in green and Victorian Truck 6349 in green and white that were different. The park fence was reissued in the paler cream, but I think the Victorian Mansion 5301 was still in production then, so it would have matched that.

I wouldn't have expected the figures, except that they have begun to include them in re-issues/Plus range.

I'd expect 5300 to be at least £200-250, since the blue dollshouse 70205 was £160 (I didn't actually realise that had been cancelled already!)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2021, 17:20:12 »
The Merry Men's Feast was a full copy with all klickies included, so there is hope  :uhoh: :prays:

Yes indeed , A set I’m still buying up on every order . Unfortunately it goes on sale often and has been lingering on the US playmo site for a while .

It sure would be great to have more Victorian civilians , as in the medieval theme I could use a lot more peasants and less royals or affluent people
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2021, 21:15:16 »
The thing about rereleasing in original colors is that it is cheaper and easier for them. When they change the color they have to create a new ETN (item number) and do extra paperwork to make it happen. Rereleasing the original is quicker and less effort, so my guess is that is most likely to happen.

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2021, 23:51:01 »
The thing about rereleasing in original colors is that it is cheaper and easier for them. When they change the color they have to create a new ETN (item number) and do extra paperwork to make it happen. Rereleasing the original is quicker and less effort, so my guess is that is most likely to happen.

Yes, only thing is that for these older sets the plastic color palette revision that happened a while ago makes that certainly the less saturated or old-fashioned hues have been discontinued, replaced or upgraded. So a 1:1 re-release will not be in the cards anyhow.

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2021, 03:00:06 »
Yay :love: Everyone's favourite theme. Hopefully with some of the originals and a few updates (what's the bet we see some Peaky Blinders).

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2021, 03:18:48 »
Peaky Blinders ? As in the show of Shelby’s ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2021, 06:31:32 »
Yes. The real peaky blinders were from the 1890s rather than just after the Great War.

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2021, 17:22:19 »

That does make a lot of sense. All they have to do is literally copy and paste. Anything else is just needless extra work for a product that just might not do well...at best. At worst... we revolt. Still, it'd be interesting to see any new sets for the theme, but it's most likely not gonna happen.

Although, I'd love to get the patio set again as it's vanished piece by piece over the years.  :-[

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2021, 20:24:36 »

Well... back then we didn't get the smaller house because it's so alike the 5300.. If they do the same colors, I'd like the small house.. though.. still a waste.

I would MUCH prefer different colors.

(not a favorite theme here though... maybe it's just me?)