Author Topic: Western Diorama for Playmobil Greece  (Read 37113 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: Western Diorama for Playmobil Greece
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 07:48:37 »
Beautiful!
How long will the exposition last?

It will be there for like 12 weeks or so .... i will be checking it regularly ( what better escuse to visit the funpark uh ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D)

:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 08:33:06 »
wow, very awesome!  Those clickies are standing so close together....were you ever afraid while posing them that you'd accidentally knock one over and then cause ALL of them to fall over like dominos?  (I've done that before).

Really awesome display, guys!

I wanna know too about that lifesize 4290 pirate ship in the background... :D
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 09:13:09 »
Yeap, btw  it took us 4hrs to set the lot up, i returned a few hours later with my wife to have a look , about 5 klickies had fallen down from kicks etc from kids , i need to go next week and reset them ... very annoying !!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We had to press them for more safety about the diorama as when i was leaving funpark i have found your canon wagon off tracks and the half southern infantry line down from a domino effect.I think that some kid was too nasty!!!
A whole wagon out off tracks

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 10:26:33 »
WOW! This is definitely tooooooo nice for the kids! Hope it survives! Wish we had business in Greece so we could pop over for a week or two!

I also wish they had room for something like this at the Florida FP....actually they could if they cleared a few tables and made a special assembly area next to the long wall on the right of the big playroom. Or they could use the castle room in the back right of the playroom. Would need to put up plexiglass borders to protect the set up from little fingers!

They should provide a permanent display area for a huge diorama so that adult collectors could show off their stuff and adults visiting the FP could see what they could do with PM. This could sell a lot of PM for them.

Very nice display, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 12:12:42 »
Amazing achivement guys!!! Huge step for greek collectors for sure.
The dio is awesome!!!  :love: :love: :love: :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 15:26:08 »
Impressive. 

Would a tiny piece of sticky tack under the feet be an option so the don't fall over?

Is the top of the display open?  (with just a short clear wall around?)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 15:41:49 »
Yeah I was thinking about sticky tack too. It won't damage the klickys and will prevent that nasty domino effect. I use it on my shelves in my living room, as every time a door slams, those shelves jostle.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 19:47:02 »
You guys are so lucky to not only have each other to set up dioramas with but to also have an accommodating fun-park so close to you.

That is a great looking scene.

What ever you do do not use those ugly square foot stands. they really take away so much beauty from a diorama
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2011, 21:05:02 »
We sealed the clear surrunding plexyglass with a slim scellophan wrap tape, untill the the playmobil people manage to put something more permanent on top.

Blue tack is an option, yes but very time consuming...

We're just happy we did it, even if it does not last a week  :lol: But I am sure the playmobil people will lookk after it.  :crossed:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 00:38:32 »
Yeap, btw  it took us 4hrs to set the lot up, i returned a few hours later with my wife to have a look , about 5 klickies had fallen down from kicks etc from kids , i need to go next week and reset them ... very annoying !!!! 

We had to press them for more safety about the diorama as when i was leaving funpark i have found your canon wagon off tracks and the half southern infantry line down from a domino effect. I think that some kid was too nasty!!!
A whole wagon out off tracks

You do not have your own kids yet do you  :lol: kids, especially boys learn so much through touch and action/reaction, like if they bump the table the klickies fall, its science  ;D

It is easier to imagine if George was in a Ferrari dealership with all the cars were open and he was not allowed to touch or get in, could you imagine the fits of rage  :lol: kids in a candy store  ;)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: