Author Topic: Krull vs Ithaca -- Allies, Enemies and Neutral Kingdoms  (Read 10528 times)

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
Re: Krull vs Ithaca -- Allies, Enemies and Neutral Kingdoms
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 14:45:54 »
Katzenreich's leaders are glad to know that they will not necessarily be destroyed by the armies of Krull. However, they are disturbed to learn of Krull's declaration of war against Ithaca. King Alexander of the Royal City of Untertossburg has declared war in a movement of solidarity with Ithaca. Because Katzenreich is part of the Great Alliance of the South, it will fight with Ithaca until Krull's armies are pushed back into the North, or both kingdoms are annihilated. 
King Alexander  :knight:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 20:11:28 »
Though i dont see anything wrong with such declarations etc they are in  breach of the kingdom map rules. i suggest everyone ( including me which i just did again ) reads them over. The direct communication between kingdoms in character was banned and prior to that as the conversations between Krull and Ithaca got to boiling point , the kingdoms thread was locked . Personally i loved all these discussions but they can get a bit of hand rather easily and as  i dont make the rules but i abide by them as a good forum member i will not post anything more in character.... . peace .  0)

What has been agreed however between participants can be posted i suppose so for all the new member here is a quick update of what has been happening the past 15 or so months.. As things stand Krull is allie with Ceragem and Melnibone , with Ceragen having declared openly that they will support the invasion of Ithaca whose actions against the Empire ( and once in alliance with Krull  against the empire ) has resulted in  war and a great instability in the region ( see the related posts , its a great story ) that was also amplified by the joined invasion of the northern plains by Krull and Melnibone who are allies in the invasion of the north but unclear if Melnibone will join any expedition invasion force of Krull . Following the succesfull campaign of Krull against the empire that secured more lands and riches for Krull and the succesfull northern campaign that provided more land for Krull , Emperor iseroth declared war against king Talos of Ithaca and visa versa , an assasin was despatced to Kill Emperor iseroth during the winthaven jousting festival but was a failed attempt as Krull's spies found out in time about the assasin .....  both nations have cut diplomatic relations for over  a year and Krull's invasion of Ithaca is now imminent. Ithaca has a grand  yellow dragon army , the biggest army under one banner and emperor iseroth sees that as a thread to the stability of the south and the trade with the rich lands of the north . Emperor Iseroth has raised a big army , supported by the native vikings of Krull and also quite a 'few' ( about 300) yellow dragons that are local to the land of krull and support him and is on his way to invade Ithaca..... when the two armies collide there will be over 2000 klickies in the battlefield .....
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 20:24:53 by Giorginetto »
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 20:31:19 »
Though i dont see anything wrong with such declarations etc they are in  breach of the kingdom map rules. i suggest everyone ( including me which i just did again ) reads them over. The direct communication between kingdoms in character was banned and prior to that as the conversations between Krull and Ithaca got to boiling point , the kingdoms thread was locked . Personally i loved all these discussions but they can get a bit of hand rather easily and as  i dont make the rules but i abide by them as a good forum member i will not post anything more in character.... . peace .  0)

Of course, I should've remembered the rules !
Ace :knight:

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 00:51:41 »
Right, of course. :-[
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 21:15:21 »
Thank you very much for the helpful synopsis George, and for veering away from the potential horror of driving off that particular cliff again.  ;D

Political talk is fine in a general way to help us flesh out what is going on in various related photo stories and events.

The South is a peaceful area with long standing treaties of peace and alliance between Pavelonia and the ruled lands of Sweetwater. Pavelonia also has strong ties to Belathre and Winterhaven, and to Flowerland. Positive trading ties with Rutileo as well.
Due to the proximity of Ithaca to our lands arrayed along the Southern Margin, and the trading link through the Ithacan canal, those of us in the South are looking on in concern but haven't taken defined positions. I think we will generally stay out of it if possible. There's also the popularity of Krull Ale to keep in mind.

I have story plans for the spring this year to continue developing some ideas started with the Marketon Joust. Part of the stories will need to take place at jousting events, so I may have one or more small events in the stories. There could be opportunity for well known characters to show up again, and to introduce other characters and story lines. I don't think there will be any actual League competition involved, but it may be a chance for some new knights to be introduced prior to attending the next League event in Krull. Assuming that joust isn't canceled due to Krull losing the war.

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 00:58:22 »
Assuming that joust isn't canceled due to Krull losing the war.

Is there a possibility of the Krull losing the war. I guess that the emperor does not take that option into account. ;)
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 01:38:46 »
After a little thought, I came to the conclusion that talking in character like I did earlier in this thread is against the rules, but I think discussing the political situation in ones kingdom is just as acceptable as talking about trade routes or culture  :).

On that note, As Tim said, it would be best to stay out in the best interest of the kingdoms. However, in the best interest of glory and honor Katzenreich's leaders have decided that the kingdoms of the south should unite to fend off Krull's attack from the north if Ithaca's leaders see the need for it. Even if it is the only one, Katzenreich had declared war on Krull as long as Krullian warriors are in the south. The king of Katzenreich, Alexander, has made many bold moves in the past and they have all led to more prosperity for his kingdom so far. He believes that the civilians of Katzenreich will be unharmed by this conflict, and he is building up armies that will be gathered in full force in early January.
I can't speak for his judgment on this issue ;).

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 01:48:12 »
Seems risky to me, but then Katzenreich is in a much more exposed position with the armies going back and forth and possibly wanting to go through your country.

While the thought of what would happen to Krull's beautiful forests and cities (not to mention the ale) is almost too horrible to think of, there is always the possibility of Ithaca prevailing.
While Krull has allies, the possibility of Katzenreich joining with Ithaca would increase their forces as well, and what of the Empire? They may well be just waiting for Krull to become involved elsewhere before taking their revenge for past losses.

On a practical note - George have you guys decided upon a wargaming rules system for your future battle?

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 02:47:10 »
Seems risky to me, but then Katzenreich is in a much more exposed position with the armies going back and forth and possibly wanting to go through your country.

While the thought of what would happen to Krull's beautiful forests and cities (not to mention the ale) is almost too horrible to think of, there is always the possibility of Ithaca prevailing.
While Krull has allies, the possibility of Katzenreich joining with Ithaca would increase their forces as well, and what of the Empire? They may well be just waiting for Krull to become involved elsewhere before taking their revenge for past losses.
Yes, if Isernoth's forces want to march into Ithaca, the only reasonable way in by land would be through the Empire and then through Katzenreich, which is bordered by a heavily gaurded wall. It is intentionally easy to defend, with towers, barricks and food storage. 

I also agree that it would be hard to imagine the map with Krull destroyed, but as you said Ithaca has a good chance of winning the war.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 07:41:34 »
In line with the rules me and angelo ( Ithaca ) have agreed to that confrontation and the previous exhcange of heated words that was stopped, we both found all this very enjoyable but righfully so talking in character can easily get out of hand , at some pints these mesaging pigeons must have been faster than a SMS ...  :lol: :lol: :lol:.. wars have to be agreed between the parties involved and what otehr kindgoms say or declare is somehow irrelavent , me and angelo will create a massive battle sometime in 2012 i reckon, we havent discussed details yet , i do not intent to use my Krull set up as battlefields- there is simply not enough space , i think we will both set up our armies in an elevated area probably in my garage which is big enough and will be converted in the future in a massive 200m2 playmo den with all of my playmo on display ( not before 2013 i think) - we will set both of our big armies ( both over  2500 klickies ) for a classic medieval battle on an open flat field . As for the rules when the time approaches we will use some appropriate rules that will be agreed before hand. I think ( and hope ) that Wolf knight will agree to referee the battle - in the story he is ally with Krull but for the pursposes of this battle i hope he agrees to referee OR he may as well join in the battle so its more fan for him also - the checking of rules application can then be done by all three of us . I think realistically this battle will take place around august /september 2012 and i hope that the josuting event take place in july - all that is to be confirmed also with Wolf Knight ( jousting event ) and angelo ( battle ) - so to answer some questions the battle will not affect the jousting event !!!  and for the record this battle and war was agreed between the two main participating nations and it will be done with a photostry also - as ruls request for such events . and yes it will be very bloody with well over 2000 klicies in it ...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:54:53 by Giorginetto »
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: