Author Topic: unknown knife  (Read 3566 times)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
unknown knife
« on: March 06, 2008, 07:54:39 »
Rather a simple question. Does anyone recognise this knife and knows from which set it comes?
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
Re: unknown knife
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 18:18:37 »
It's from the color sets of the Knights theme.

If you go over to collectobil you can see one in set 3663 being held by the lady and coloured in. If you have good eyesight you will also see it in set 3703 being held again by a Lady to the far right of the image held in her right hand.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 21:27:40 »
It's from the color sets of the Knights theme.

If you go over to collectobil you can see one in set 3663 being held by the lady and coloured in. If you have good eyesight you will also see it in set 3703 being held again by a Lady to the far right of the image held in her right hand.
Those women sound dangerous.  Maybe Playmobil were thinking of a Shakespeare theme, beginning with Macbeth.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 22:31:52 »
mmm - if I remember my MacBeth correctly, mrs. MacBeth only provided the motivation; not the murderweapon. So it wasn't Mrs. MacBeth with the Dagger in the livingroom ...

mmm

let's try again ;-)

Anyway - thanks Sir Gareth; that's another riddle solved. As far as I know it never made it into a regular set though. Pity - it looks stuning besides a regular sword.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 23:42:33 »
this knife and knows from which set it comes?

Here it is: 3409

G.--
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 01:09:20 »
One very similar is the one of this set, "arabian nomads", which I happened to have, in my Portuguese days :) ... But it wasn't exactly the same knife. The shape of the blade was very alike, though, very pointy ... Those pots were great! I hope to get them again, some day!

Uhm, sorry, ... Getting off topic with such a simple subject, what a shame! ... The knife you showed, from 3409 "City Defence" (acc. to Collectobil.com) is like this:

o--(---
more symmetrical
however
than I could show here ...

and the one of 3585 is more like this:

v--|---

The knife you found may be thought to have been (generaly) replaced by the common dagger that is now found in many sets, that I first saw with the black figure of set 3794.

I agree that the old knights dagger is quite more like out of a Shakespeare play ;)

G.--
 :)
Gus
:blackhair: