Author Topic: How to Order Spare Parts from Playmobil USA?  (Read 12891 times)

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
How to Order Spare Parts from Playmobil USA?
« on: November 11, 2016, 18:21:28 »
Hi all,

It's been years since I've attempted to order any spare parts from Playmobil USA.  Originally I did it by phone and then by e-mail, but the results and responses were usually immensely disappointing, often resulting in very incomplete orders and sometimes in no response whatsoever via e-mail.  Has anything changed since then?  Is it possible to satisfactorily order parts in the USA and if so, what's the best way to do so these days?  Thank you.

Jusitndo
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: How to Order Spare Parts from Playmobil USA?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 18:51:47 »
I just placed an emailed order, so we will find out. On the auto-response to my email to service@playmobilusa.com it said this:

Thank you for your email.

If you have requested a catalog your name will be added to the mailing list and we will send one to you.  Our 2016 catalog is available to download at www.playmobil.us under Online Catalog.

If you have purchased a set and are missing a part, if you have received a set with a defective part, if you would like to purchase a replacement part, or to make a return, you will find instructions below.  All other queries will receive a separate email response.

MISSING/DEFECTIVE PARTS/STICKERS:
If you purchase a new set and find that there are missing or defective parts or stickers, e-mail us with your name, mailing address and telephone number along with the part number off the instruction booklet.  Upon receipt of your information we can ship you the part at no charge.  Our warranty is 30 days from the date of purchase.

RETURNING AN ITEM:
Items purchased from PLAYMOBIL USA, Inc, may be returned within 30 days date of purchase.

Email us with your original order number and include the item numbers that you wish to return, and we will email you back with a Return Authorization label and Return Authorization Form.

All returns must be authorized by PLAYMOBIL USA, Inc, and include a Return Authorization label affixed to the outer carton/box.

PLAYMOBIL USA, Inc. does not accept returns of any items unless the items were purchased directly from PLAYMOBIL USA, Inc.

PURCHASING REPLACEMENT PARTS/LOST PARTS REPLACEMENT/STICKERS:
If you have lost a part or if you wish to purchase additional parts, you can purchase these parts individually via the Parts Department.

To order spare parts contact the Parts Department at 1-800-752-9662, option 1.  Let the Parts Department know the part numbers and quantities required.  The minimum credit card order for spare parts is $2.50 and we accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.

Sincerely,
PLAYMOBIL CONSUMER SERVICES
1-800-351-8697
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 A.M. - 4:45 P.M. E.S.T.

Generally I think they prefer a phone call if you just have a few parts, and an emailed list if you have a longer list. I order about twice a year and use email since my list tends to be lengthy. They eventually send me back an invoice of what is available with a price and I call up and arrange payment then they ship it out.  Things have changed for Canada recently and I don't know if they have plans for changes in the US or not.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 17:22:13 »
I placed a parts order back in January that I've had to call about twice because I'd never received it.  Twice I was told that it would ship at the end of that week. Today I got a phone call from the parts department. Because they don't actually bill your card until shipment, they had to get my card number again. Hopefully this means that the parts will arrive shortly
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 18:09:42 »
They took my charge info back in November but I never got the shipment. I did have one other package during the holidays get delivered by the post office according to tracking but not show up on my porch. I wish they would just go to getting parts orders directly from Germany like other countries are doing. Shipping costs would be higher but you can actually get the parts you want that way.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 22:17:08 »
I wish they would just go to getting parts orders directly from Germany like other countries are doing. Shipping costs would be higher but you can actually get the parts you want that way.

Exactly!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)