Author Topic: Kirkbean Exhibition 2011  (Read 6903 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
Kirkbean Exhibition 2011
« on: June 01, 2011, 18:01:52 »
I've been meaning to post the dates for this year's exhibition but have had such a busy time lately I hadn't got around to it  :-[

The dates are set for Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st July and Monday 1st August.

I have had a few ideas for displays, including Hogwarts and hopefully Hogsmead (Walter has given me an old engine to use for the Hogwarts Express - I just need a spare chimney and a couple of pieces of old track) and I also hope to do an open air Pop Concert (with James' help), a small Wildlife Park (there is such a one fairly near here) and a large school display.  I can also use some of last years displays as I have extras to add to them, but if anyone would like to come along and bring a display they would be very welcome.  So far Walter from WaltsTrains is coming with his Christmas display.
At present I am in the process of sorting things out and making a list of extras I will need, so I'll post further details of the exhibition - and anything I may need help with, later.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Kirkbean Exhibition 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 18:14:56 »
Wonderful wonderful news Elaine!!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 19:02:53 »
I need to check the dates, Elaine, but if they are OK I'll come, maybe using a train basis with town etc within it. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 00:04:26 »
That would be great Gordon. 
Were you thinking of something similar to what you had a Knaresborough?
At present I'm trying to arrange accomodation: the local (very large) caravan site have offered free accomodation if they have any empty caravans at that time, which is great in one way, but because they won't know until the third week in July it is not a lot of use really!  Another option is a through a neighbour who has a friend with a holiday cottage that they just let out to friends; she is going to see if I could have that for the weekend so I'm waiting to hear from her.

Elaine

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 20:01:27 »
Elaine

I am in the area the week leading up to your event.  This is a big family holiday for my wife's family.  There will be my kids and nieces and a nephew.

I would be happy to pop in and help in some way - probably the Thursday or Friday - if that would help.

We will have our luggage so I cannot bring anything.  I'll send a PM to include phone numbers.

Mark
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 20:08:34 by playmofirth »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 20:21:33 »
That would be great Gordon. 
Were you thinking of something similar to what you had a Knaresborough?

The layout from Knaresborough would  be one possiblity but I have others in mind.  I usually run my layout end-to-end rather than in a circle or oval as that represents real railway practice.  It also gives room for some shunting and moving of locos from one end of the train to the other for a return journey.  I'm also looking at a "dog bone" layout which would, with care, allow two trains running at once.  However, I'll let you see possible layouts beforehand.

As regards buildings, most of the town at Knaresborough was from Mark, I only provided the fire station and the burning building.  However, I have quite a range of Steck which can act as station buildings and village/town buildings, plus scenery.

An influencing factor is the cat and whether we can get him in the cattery.  If we can, then there will be me and Diane.  If we can't, I may be let out by myself.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 22:54:54 »
Any help will be gratefully accepted Mark = glad to see you back BTW  :wave:

Gordon, I have enough buildings etc. to make up the main street, a train running along one side could work well.  Your fire display would go well in the layout too.

Elaine

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 18:29:41 »
I've been told that I can come by myself!   :)

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 19:08:38 »
And I've been told that if we leave early enough in the morning we can come to visit for a day!  :woohoo:

Verity
 :)
[img]

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 21:02:24 »

Gordon, I have enough buildings etc. to make up the main street, a train running along one side could work well.  Your fire display would go well in the layout too.

Elaine

"End-to-end" cold involve running round two sides of a table or even three - it just means not in a circle or oval or other layout which is "endless".  I have another idea for a layout which would be "endless" and a bit different, but size of the display area is a factor in any of them.  If you want, I can let you see plans of some ideas and the amount of space needed.