Author Topic: Proposal: PF Jousting League  (Read 9532 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Proposal: PF Jousting League
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2011, 19:01:02 »
I agree... I think this simpler system with one dice is much better. I never understood, to be honest, the honor thing.  8}
Your suggestions for the lances and the clip arm armour are both great too IMO.

:)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2011, 20:39:32 »
I like  the simpler dice system rules
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2011, 23:14:57 »
Yes this is a much simpler system and will helps others who are not that familiar with 1d20 etc... but what happens if both players bring 6, a tie, how honours will be calculated then? shouldn't we leave that out? We surely cant have knights unhorsing one another in one round... and how many points for each side of the die, i mean 1=1, 2=2?

Finally,by clip armour you mean the whole armgreave on the arm, then we have to turn to moulder armourde arms whose hands can easily turn.

Last first - yes the full arm armgreave is the problem. Pieces that just cover the shoulder are fine. Gloves are generally fine since they can be rotated.

Points - I was thinking the points would be the same as the die roll with the exception of 1 since it would be odd to score a point for a complete miss.

1=0
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=5
6=6

We never had the problem with knights both being unhorsed. To score an unhorsing in the old system a knight had to have a two die roll total of 11 or 12, the odds of that happening are 1 in 12. With a single die roll the odds for unhorsing actually double to 1 in 6.

If we want to keep the odds the same we could go to a single roll of a 12 sided die or even stay with 2 die but find a way to score directly. It just seems odd to have more than 2 ways of hitting a shield to account for scoring a 4,5,6,7 .

My goal is to use the actual die roll as the gained points rather than having to do a conversion for every roll.

We can have any number of sides to the die that we want.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2011, 16:33:02 »
On the one hand I agree with the, no arm greaves and just one type of lance, on the other hand I like the diversity it adds to the field. Yes it was slightly harder to set up but in the end it is worth it IMO.

On to the scoring.

My first thought is: if it isn't broken dont fix it.

The numbers are a lot of behind the scenes calculations only needed to be understood by the people running the event. The spectators should only know 0 points for a miss, 1 point for a shield hit, points for a body hit and 3 points for an unhorsing. It may even be that it gets more complicated adding these other terms, and different point values.

The honour system while a noble (get it get it get it) idea is indeed not adding a lot to the tournaments and can easily be scrapped IMO.Sorry going to get technical now.

The big problem for me is that we will be messing a lot with the percentages.

the current percentages are:

0 points = 27%
1 point = 44%
2 points = 19%
3 points = 8%

the new percentages would be:

0 points = 16,7%
2 points = 16,7%
3 points = 16,7%
4 points = 16,7%
5 points = 16,7%
6 points = 16,7%

This has a couple of effects:

The average number of runs needed for a match goes from 2,8 to 2,1 (excluding unhorsing in the second system).
The chance of a double unhorsing goes from 0,7% to 2,8%.

I personally liked the slightly longer matches, the increased chance of a double unhorsing seems irrelevant so I'm ok with that.

I had my excel sheet doing all the calculations so it wasn't any more/less cumbersome for me. I think most people don't care at all what kind of system we use and don't really want to understand all the number behind it. they just want an entertaining photo story.

Then again I am not married to this system and will happily abondon it for good reasons and a better replacement.

I am fully behind dropping the honour points.

Sorry for being difficult.

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2013, 06:53:18 »
I would to learn more about this.

Have you seen or tried:
http://www.teuton.org/~stranger/PLAYMOBIL/misc/tourney/index.html

I have played a couple of games and it seems okay.
-- Donmobil

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2013, 18:25:02 »
 :hmm: this tournament was made 2 years ago.  :hmm:

Am I missing something?  ???
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2013, 21:27:16 »
Might still be interesting to see another jousting tournament though.