Author Topic: Proposal: PF Jousting League  (Read 9580 times)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: Proposal: PF Jousting League
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2011, 12:53:31 »
Your suggestions is great Tim, that will work for sure (RE: the coat of arms)

I wonder how many people are really interested beyoong the tournament. Seeing the responses to this thread make me believe not a lot.

Lets make a poll and let's see what happens maybe make a disclaimer at the top of the poll to ask people to read the first post in the thread which explains what they are voting on.

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2011, 17:50:16 »
If anybody needs a custom coat of arms, ring my bell! I have lots of time to create them while I'm on dialysis…I could then send the files to Tim if it's okay with him, obviously.
Arnaud.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2011, 23:55:42 »
I really like all this and look forward to the next tournament !!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think experience points is a must to make things more realistic and i dont see why not have such a system .
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2011, 07:06:14 »
I'm very much looking forward to another tournament! :)

Regarding the heraldry proposals, I'm flexible.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2011, 11:28:45 »
Custom heraldry has the problem of making the photo shoot at the tournament. How would we go about this...make a large kit with all custom knights that we send around the world, photo shop them (or just the heraldry) in.

I think and thats after quite some thought we should make a ' basket of the knights' that will travelk around the world to whoever hosts a jousting tournament. Somehow i think this should be linked to the Pilot club . I also think it would be a good idea for each participant to sent a klikcy as a King who will be in the observers area. This way the King and the champion/ kight  of each king can be used in the photostories.

I think this great idea and initiative by Gis can grow into something really spectacular with an international arena and bring our community closer .

Regardless of that happening or not i look forward to hopefully host a tournament in the future!!! Better get some more 3652 tents i only have 3 !!  :lol: :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2011, 14:52:58 »
Your soldiers may get weary of being rained on all the time with so few tents. Watch out for mutiny...

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2011, 16:24:30 »
... Better get some more 3652 tents i only have 3 !!  :lol: :lol:

I believe you more want the tent from 4273. ;)
It is cheaper, and the 3652 tents wouldn't have been used for sleeping in.

Oh, You mean for the tournament! ;D
Right, yeah those are good.
I only have 1! :o
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2011, 16:36:00 »
I believe you more want the tent from 4273. ;)

I have two of these but also have 4 roman tents that can be used in The Tournament of Krull when it takes place later in the year...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2011, 17:42:39 »
Here's the League thread back again.
After having worked through a tournament I have some rule suggestions, and a suggestion to revisit die rolls - scoring.

Specific problem issues with knights - two things came up repeatedly

1. Clip on Arm Armor - it limits the hand movement and when adjusting the lance often causes the armor to pop off.  I recommend it be outlawed for future tournaments.

2. Lance disparity - the old style and new style lances are different lengths and can make for problems in the photography.
Example old style lance 30 04 8080 - Lance
Example new style lance 30 07 6380 - Lance
As the new style is longer and is easier for the klicky to hold in a range of adjusted lengths I recommend that future tournaments require all knights to use the new style lance during the actual jousting. What is used during parades would be up to the host.

Die rolls - I think the current system is cumbersome and could be streamlined.
My proposal for the die rolls is to roll a single 6 sided die and score as:

1 - miss - scored as zero
2 - glancing shield hit
3 - solid shield hit
4 - glancing body hit
5 - solid body hit
6 - unhorsing

A win would be declared at 7 points if there is no unhorsing.
If there is a tie of wins to determine who moves on to a final, then the knight with highest total points moves forward (with die rolls of 1 being zeroed out and not counted). If both wins and points are tied then a special jousting round between the two knights is run with the winner moving on.

Currently we have to convert from die roll totals to scored points. We also have to track honors in the event of ties. Both of these aspects would be eliminated and scoring streamlined.

Everyone's thoughts on these ideas?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2011, 18:50:32 »
Yes this is a much simpler system and will helps others who are not that familiar with 1d20 etc... but what happens if both players bring 6, a tie, how honours will be calculated then? shouldn't we leave that out? We surely cant have knights unhorsing one another in one round... and how many points for each side of the die, i mean 1=1, 2=2?

Finally,by clip armour you mean the whole armgreave on the arm, then we have to turn to moulder armourde arms whose hands can easily turn.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 19:03:39 by Wolf Knight »