Author Topic: Proposal: PF Jousting League  (Read 9577 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: Proposal: PF Jousting League
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 03:35:25 »
Yeah tenth place!!! ;D
Experience points...
those sound cool. 8-)

I would like to hear any ideas for those. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 17:18:57 »
OK here goes with a first idea:

For every match you joust you gain 150 xp (experience points)
For every match you win you gain 70 xp
For an unhorsing you gain 25 xp

Everyone starts at level 1 and you need the following (total) amounts for each level:

Level   2:   1000 (First miss each Tournament is rerolled)
Level   3:   2250 (First Hit opponent each Tournament is rerolled)
Level   4:   3750 (+1 on each roll)
Level   5:   5500 (-1 on each opponents roll)
Level   6:   7500 (First miss in the first three matches in a tournament is rerolled)
Level   7: 10000 (First hit opponent in first three matches in each Tournament is rerolled)
Level   8: 13000 (+2 on each roll (replaces +1))
Level   9: 16500 (-2 on each opponents roll)
Level 10: 20500 (First miss in each macth is rerolled)

(Double 1 will always be a Horse hit and double 6 will always be an unhorsing no matter the modifiers)

I could only think of four different "advantages" to give, which would be easy to excecute. If people have more/better ideas shoot!

Opinions?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 18:36:42 »
It's an interesting way to go. I would remove XP for wins. Wins come into play in league standings and event titles-prizes.
Perhaps rather than experience for wins there could be an honor bonus. Champions are more highly esteemed and would have more perceived honor. Honor comes into play only as the third level ranking in league standings.

So much of this is random based on dice rolls rather than any actual skill. So I think experience should be awarded for participation.

We might also consider awarding experience points for participation other than jousting.
Perhaps every time a photo story (knight themed only?) is posted to the forum some experience points would be awarded to the member that they could bestow upon one of their knights  in the league.

For the Winterhaven event we had a limit of one knight per member with an exception of 3 knights for the host. In this case one of those knights has retired leaving Gis with 2 he's continuing on with. Since story points could be awarded to any knight it would be possible for a new knight to arrive at an event with some experience already.

Do we want to set a limit for the total number of knights that a sponsor/member can have in the league at a time?

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 18:42:38 »
Quick reply...will go more in depth later

Sir Merriadoc has only retired as a knight of Winterhaven. Not as a knight perse. after 30 years of service he feels There is nothing more to teach the people there.

However he might just be up for a trip to another Jousting event. I was already wondering why you greyed out his name? He is still very much active on the jousting scene.

I was however planning on sending only one to any future event. More opens up possibilities :-) specifically with the map in place it adds so much more fun to it all.

but like I said...more later!

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 18:51:44 »
I was however planning on sending only one to any future event. More opens up possibilities :-) specifically with the map in place it adds so much more fun to it all.

but like I said...more later!

Thank you. ;D
As for me, I only planned on sending one knight to each tournament.
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 19:05:59 »
Ah, sorry, a false assumption. I will fix it this evening.

I think most tournaments will limit to one knight per sponsor, with the host having 2 additional spots they can fill as they see fit. We could make this a league rule?

There are people who missed the chance to get into the last one, and there may be people who don't choose to continue on. It's possible tournament size will get bigger and require additional bracketing.

The big photo stories like Gis has just done and like I am planning for the summer require a large collection of jousting knights. People with smaller collections may want to host tournaments as well. I think this can be handled cooperatively with Gis, myself, or some other member who has the missing knights taking photos to be blended into a joust story.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2011, 21:30:14 »
It's an interesting way to go. I would remove XP for wins. Wins come into play in league standings and event titles-prizes.
Perhaps rather than experience for wins there could be an honor bonus. Champions are more highly esteemed and would have more perceived honor. Honor comes into play only as the third level ranking in league standings.

So much of this is random based on dice rolls rather than any actual skill. So I think experience should be awarded for participation.

Fair points! No extra xp for wins or unhorsing, sounds good!

We might also consider awarding experience points for participation other than jousting.
Perhaps every time a photo story (knight themed only?) is posted to the forum some experience points would be awarded to the member that they could bestow upon one of their knights  in the league.

I love story points. But they would only be awarded if it is about the knight or the background of the knight and only applicable to that specific knight. Of course if it's applicable to different knights in the league the owner can choose.

Maybe have categories: short story, story, chaptered story with different point values for each?

Do we want to set a limit for the total number of knights that a sponsor/member can have in the league at a time?

A member can have as many jousters in the league as he or she wants. It just means that he won't have one very good knight, but more mediocre ones.

Ah, sorry, a false assumption. I will fix it this evening.

One that was easily made :-) no worries, and thanks for fixing it :-)

I think most tournaments will limit to one knight per sponsor, with the host having 2 additional spots they can fill as they see fit. We could make this a league rule?

League Rule...so we hereby found the PJL Playmo Jousting League....sounds good to me :-)

Maybe you can have a PJL page on Animobil, with current league standings, results from tournaments and a page with the winners including picture from the various events...(somebody stop me *grin*)

There are people who missed the chance to get into the last one, and there may be people who don't choose to continue on. It's possible tournament size will get bigger and require additional bracketing.

I think what I did was the max we want to really. It's 63 matches, if you want to give them all run per run photo stories its a lot of work. I was thinking of having the MAIN event always be 32 competitors, top 15 of the league are automatically qualified + 1 wildcard for the event holder. All other knights need to duke it out in preliminary rounds which will only consist of ONE picture per match.

For instance if there are 40 people, the top 24 qualify directly the remaining 16 do a single elimination for the remaining 8 spots.

We could do a Category B tournament,again with just 1 picture per match, for the people that didnt make it into the Main Event. These part of the tournament could potentially be handled by somebody other then the organizer so he can focus on the main event.

I think we should raise the point values of Wins in the Main event to 2 and all Prelim and CatB event matches should be worth 1 point for a win. These matches should also be only for half the XP, if we decide to use that.

The big photo stories like Gis has just done and like I am planning for the summer require a large collection of jousting knights. People with smaller collections may want to host tournaments as well. I think this can be handled cooperatively with Gis, myself, or some other member who has the missing knights taking photos to be blended into a joust story.

Of course I am always willing to help.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 02:03:51 »
I am working on the 2011 release update to my main Animobil pages now, but when that's done I will create a section for the Jousting League in the Heraldry part.
possible structure:
Intro Page
Rules
Standings
Event Results
Members - maybe each person who wanted to could do a brief bio of their knight that I could put up with a picture or two. It could also hold awards images for winners of Jousts etc.

I don't think the league name can have Playmo as a word by itself in it - it's trademarked by Geobra and we want to stay on their good side.

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 22:30:48 »
The results are incorrect! It sais here:

Aziz bin Tarek ends the tournament in third place, as he has gained 1 honour during the event, where as both competitors in the other Semi Final are at -1 honour.

The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 22:33:47 »
The results are incorrect! It sais here:

Aziz bin Tarek ends the tournament in third place, as he has gained 1 honour during the event, where as both competitors in the other Semi Final are at -1 honour.

Is this correct? Please Gis and Tim look into that.