Author Topic: Seattle gathering of Playmofriends  (Read 10264 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Seattle gathering of Playmofriends
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 19:31:14 »
Yep, it will be busy - hopefully it wont be a skating rink as well with the weather being like it has been lately.
A square dance friend of mine who lives in Seattle will be meeting me for the Sci-Fi museum in the morning and may hang on with me to the show.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 20:49:09 »
I probably wont bring much if any trade stuff but if there is anything to type of thing you are looking for let me know and I can check for it on my trade shelf.

Offline Dinobuzz

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 23:09:39 »
You must take pics to post here of your get-together! Is this the first time you guys have ever met in person?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 23:43:13 »
I've been to one of these train shows in the past, Ronastoo was there as well. Rona and I have met a number of times now. The last time was in October in Eugene with Ronastoo, Martin Milner, and myself. Unfortunately Martin wont be able to make it to this event.
This will be the first time BlackPearl will be joining us at an event.
The only other online community collector I have met was MsOmega who used to post on Playmoboard a while back.

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 06:56:18 »
Anyone planning on also viewing the Harry Potter Exhibit?  My daughter is a big fan and really wants to go.

The train show comes with general admission tickets (about 15dollars), but to view the Harry Potter is an additional ten or so (25dollars) but includes general admission (and the train show) as well.  You can also view the Harry Potter exhibit seperately for about 20dollars (with no general admission for the regular exhibits).  I thought about going maybe on a seperate day, but was wondering if anyone else was planning on going the same day as the trains or just focus only on the trains?   Of course I wanna take my kids to see the rest of the science center exhibits as well.  We'll probably get there earlier.  Btw, my entourage includes a 14yr old teenage daughter, a preschool age son, and a pre-preschool aged daughter (by proxy).  So I'll have my hands full, FYI.

I'll be bringing my Black Pearl and my avatar (Jack Sparrow) in the trunk of my car if anyone's interested in looking at it.

Anyone need anything Playmobil?  I do have access to some good local shops here in Tacoma that have a lot of original-priced retired items still on shelves, including 5301 Mansion for $139, the wedding chapel $60 (I think), and lots of bagged spares/add-ons for various themes and sets.  I have a pretty good mental inventory of what these stores carry so ask and I can usually tell if they have it or not ad can bring some up for anyone needing it.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Ronastoo

• Playmo Lover
  • MamaDragon
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 12:17:44 »
We're getting close to train day!   The weather is going to be rainy but that's much nicer than snowy or icy.  I might even wear real shoes instead of sandals.  (I bet most folks didn't realize that dragons even wore anything on their feet.)

Atto, thanks for the offer to pick up Playmo for us.  I don't think I need anything right now.

Tim, have a safe journey and enjoy the Seattle traffic.

I'll see you on Saturday!
Rona MamaDragon

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 16:34:20 »
Please post some pics!!!!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 17:02:41 »
Be sure to stick your avatar in your pocket for the train show, we will do a group avatar photo on the layout

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 20:12:17 »
Be sure to stick your avatar in your pocket for the train show, we will do a group avatar photo on the layout

My Jack Sparrow is sans a goatee due to technical difficulties.  Hopefully he can grow a new one overnight (repair), but I"ll bring him either way :D
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 20:27:43 »
My Jack Sparrow is sans a goatee due to technical difficulties.  Hopefully he can grow a new one overnight (repair), but I"ll bring him either way :D

You jack Sparrow is WHAT?   :lol:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com