Author Topic: kirkbean 2013 - Great Woodville-Sea's End branchline  (Read 8025 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: kirkbean 2013 - Great Woodville-Sea's End branchline
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 18:55:08 »
I really love the viaduct and the beach with real sand by the waterside  :love:
And I can just spot a house being built in the background!

Looking forward to more pictures  :)

Thank you, Birdie, and you are right, there is a house under construction.  Watch out for more of it later.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 19:14:55 »
Now, a look away from what's happening on the railway (we'll come back to it later) with a trip down Great Woodville High Street.

We'll start with a view from the bottom of the High Street (it's a busy day):

The fire brigade are out checking the fire hydrants (although there is something happening that will need their attention later):

The postlady is on her rounds:

while there's more work for her later in the day collecting letters:

At the station a train is due in and people are waiting to collect passengers (although the taxi driver reading his paper in the back of his cab doesn't seem too keen for a fare):

There's also people waiting at the bus stop.  (Mum with the baby buggy looks a bit tired of waiting.):

The bus is probably held up outside town by the level crossing at the top of the High Street being closed for a train:

To round off our trip down the High Street, there's the baker delivering fresh-baked bread:

and someone just finishing her shopping at the newsagents/general store:

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 19:54:58 »
Wonderful looking layout Gordon. Enjoying it immensely so far

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 21:08:16 »
The problem with these wonderful (WONDERFUL!!!) dioramas is that I see sets that I had no interest in before, and now I really want them! I have no need of a bike rack, but I WANT A BIKE RACK!

Some beautiful scenes - I particularly loved the cans tied to the Just Married car!  :love:

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 21:33:25 »
Nice layout.  Can't wait to see more pictures and the overhead shoot with everything.

How busy was the exhibit?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 21:51:11 »
Thanks for your comments Tim, Salamander and Wolf Knight.  More photos will follow tomorrow.

Salamander, no collection is complete without a bike rack!  :)

The Saturday was the quietest day because the weather was good and lots of people went to the beach.  Sunday and Monday were better and the whole weekend was a success.  Just short of £900 was taken on the door and selling refreshments, but there may be costs to come from that.  Skypurr will have the final figures.

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 10:32:57 »
The close up pics are nicely done, Gordon.  Your commentary draws attention to details that I missed earlier.  So much thought and preparation went into this.  I can tell you must have had a wonderful time planning it out and executing it.  I just love looking at it.  :love:

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 10:37:39 »
The problem with these wonderful (WONDERFUL!!!) dioramas is that I see sets that I had no interest in before, and now I really want them! I have no need of a bike rack, but I WANT A BIKE RACK!

Salamander is right, this is another slippery slope you have created, Gordon!   :lol:

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline surfergirl

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 10:54:59 »
It was a great layout Gordon, really inspiring....and it was lovely to be able to meet you and Diane.

Best regards,
Claire  :wave:

I wish I lived in Germany!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 11:44:27 »
The close up pics are nicely done, Gordon.  Your commentary draws attention to details that I missed earlier.  So much thought and preparation went into this.  I can tell you must have had a wonderful time planning it out and executing it.  I just love looking at it.  :love:

Joe

Thank you, Joe.  Not all the detailing is mine.  Amongst others, Diane set out the figures at the Old Lifeboat Station Cafe (still to appear) and the taxi driver in the back of his cab