Author Topic: A new idea for a diorama...  (Read 8736 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
A new idea for a diorama...
« on: May 08, 2010, 19:28:00 »
I am so excited for a new idea that i Just want to share it with you...

I visited a small toy store in the old town today and found an Eage castle 5783 - Eagle Castle for 40 euros!!! I just could not pass this opportunity!!!
The owner is also willing to sell me two pyramids, one boxed new and the one he is currently using in the front for display... for 130 euros ... both!!!! (they are being sold for 100 euros each)
I already have one but, I was thinking for sometime now of a diorama of the Giza plateu with three playmobil pyramids....camels egyptian soldiers etc.... So I'll get them on Monday and start working on a few ideas... the actual diorama wll take a long time to complete though....

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: A new idea for a diorama...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 19:30:32 »
This sounds so exciting! - I can't wait to see :camera:

As redards to your latest castle, I have never seen one like this before - is it an exclusive ???

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 19:33:28 »
Yes it is Damo, but for whom and why??? I remember Martin writing something about it in a thread...

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 23:19:27 »
Sounds great. Will look forward to that!
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 11:33:52 »
Sounds like an excellent idea for a diorama. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

As redards to your latest castle, I have never seen one like this before - is it an exclusive ???

I always thought this was a US mass-market set, but obviously I'm wrong. If I had gotten into System-X castles, this would have been very useful for extending/customising. Nice set, in any event.

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 14:47:03 »
Sounds like an excellent idea for a diorama. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I always thought this was a US mass-market set, but obviously I'm wrong. If I had gotten into System-X castles, this would have been very useful for extending/customising. Nice set, in any event.

Cheers,

AndrewL

Very few copies of these were available in Greece Andrew... there are times when playmobil hellas brings some of them... Playmobil works in mysterious ways.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 03:04:52 »
Your Giza diorama sounds great!  I'd love to see that!

The Eagle Castle was very cheap in the US; the MSRP was $50 USD, as I recall.  I bought four of them to use as a Roman fortress and medieval castle.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 04:32:50 »
Your Giza diorama sounds great!  I'd love to see that!

The Eagle Castle was very cheap in the US; the MSRP was $50 USD, as I recall.  I bought four of them to use as a Roman fortress and medieval castle.

A roman fortress justindo!!!  :lens: :lens: :lens: i'd be very interested to see this....

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 13:07:49 »
I got my two 5783 Eagle Castles for 40GBP each at TK Maxx, the UK branch of TJ Maxx, in the Fall of 2007. The US connection might explain how they had them and nobody else did.

The Giza plan sounds exciting WK! I have limited myseelf to just one Pyramid so far, as it's a pretty pricey set.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 13:40:27 by Martin Milner »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 13:22:41 »
I got my two 5783 Eagle Castles for 40GBP each at TK Maxx, the UK branch of TJ Maxx, in the Fall of 2007. The US connection might explain how they had them and nobody else did.

The Giza plan sounds exciting WoT! I have limited myseelf to just one Pyramid so far, as it's a pretty pricey set.

Hi Martin!! One pyramid costs 100 euros...i just gave 130 for two!!! I got the last one from a small toystore and the one that they had in display!!! I will collect the display one tomorrow though...I am eciting to plan about this!!!

I am thinking of how to go by my parents beach house and get a few sacks of sand from the beach...i have palm trees, smakes scorpions, camels, egyptians, the egyptian house (though its called tomb with treasure) romans....and of course the sphinx!!! got to paln, got to plan....