Author Topic: Spare parts from UK Direct Service  (Read 2049 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Spare parts from UK Direct Service
« on: May 06, 2022, 14:24:47 »
On April 26th I emailed a parts order in to UK DS at 09:54 and got confirmation and payment arrangement details at 10:34.    I paid that afternoon and was told delivery would be by UPS within 14 days.

On 3rd May, UPS told me a parcel was coming and would be delivered on Friday, 6th May between 10:45 and 14:45.  There was a bit of a worry on Thursday, 5th May, with a message from UPS warning that traffic disruption on Eurotunnel meant that delivery would be delayed by one business day. 

However,  today, Friday, 6th May, there was another update from UPS that the parcel would be delivered today as previously promised parcel between 10:45 and 14:45 and it arrived at 12:00.

Good service from both Playmobil UK and Germany and UPS.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Riccardo

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Spare parts from UK Direct Service
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 10:18:27 »
Thanks for this, good to know. I ordered parts via Playmobil Italy and got them sent to my parent's place as I didn't think Playmobil UK was providing this service!

Did you get the UK DS email from the main website?

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 11:05:44 »
I'm slightly confused why they're not officially offering the Spare Parts Service but are doing it manually. I assumed it was Brexit-related somehow, but seemingly not if they can just bypass it?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2022, 15:39:16 »
I think they have only just managed to alter their systems to cope with the problems posed by Brexit but the UK website hasn't been upgraded yet.

I may contact them about this next week and see what they say.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022, 16:26:29 »
I wondered about that too, but I suspect they have a reduced capacity for parts shipments to the UK at the moment (Post Brexit bureaucracy may well be the cause of this), so they have made it slightly more difficult to make parts orders from the UK.

You had a great response there Gordon. My last order, which I made on April 5th (and I was told at that point would be delivered in 14 days) arrived on 3rd May, so I am not yet convinced normal service has been resumed yet.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 11:55:51 »
I emailed UK DS today and their reply was that they were sorry but they did not have a date for when the original service will resume.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 16:11:40 »
I emailed UK DS today and their reply was that they were sorry but they did not have a date for when the original service will resume.

Thanks for asking - though its a shame the answer is negative  :(

Offline Riccardo

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022, 20:14:19 »
I don't suppose anyone knows whether this is back up and running? On the website it still says they're not processing spare parts orders, but from the above comments maybe sending a direct email works?

Have to say, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the fact they're still struggling with this! I suppose the reason is that the parts get shipped from Germany directly and, for the relative value, they just don't bother with the risk / hassle of import duties etc.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2022, 09:15:17 »
I don't suppose anyone knows whether this is back up and running? On the website it still says they're not processing spare parts orders, but from the above comments maybe sending a direct email works?

Have to say, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the fact they're still struggling with this! I suppose the reason is that the parts get shipped from Germany directly and, for the relative value, they just don't bother with the risk / hassle of import duties etc.

You just send your order as an email to UK DS; they process it and send you an email with a link for payment; you pay and the order arrives soon after.

There are no import duties on toys.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2022, 12:54:37 »
There are no import duties on toys.

:o