Author Topic: 4866 New castle!!!  (Read 28144 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 4866 New castle!!!
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2010, 19:46:38 »
I really love this gate... attachment 1

So, lets put it in place...

Seems I made a mistake in connections somewhere... attachment 2 The red circles indicate that there is no proper fitting...after close inspection and going through the instructions again, I found out that I need to place the nortwestern corner, green circled, at a different system -x hole line.....

Thankfully, its finally fully assembled!!! attachment 3

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2010, 19:49:27 »
Some more to come in a while!!!  :) :) :)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2010, 20:01:14 »
How much did this cost Wolf Knight?
It looks really well sized... quite big! :)
Lots of room for Klickies to move around,
And plenty of play scenarios.
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2010, 20:08:12 »
How much did this cost Wolf Knight?
It looks really well sized... quite big! :)
Lots of room for Klickies to move around,
And plenty of play scenarios.

I think it was 90 euros and 18 for shipping... I think this ill be more or less the same price at a greek toy store when the set reaches the greek market!! Oh yes lots of scenario posibilities!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2010, 20:18:19 »
Thank you for s very interesting and comprehensive review, Panos.  I look forward to seeing the results of your custom experiments.  It looks to me on the basis of your photos that there is room for custom design.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2010, 20:20:04 »
Thank you for s very interesting and comprehensive review, Panos.  I look forward to seeing the results of your custom experiments.  It looks to me on the basis of your photos that there is room for custom design.

I think there is too Gordon, but to what extend, I am not certain! I'll point out a few more things later on for the set itself and attempt a customisation sometime next week!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2010, 20:22:16 »
thanks for the review pano   ;)

it looks a bit better than the previous systemx king's castle ,but still doesn't really impress me ...
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2010, 20:32:16 »
Wow! I love those gates! So realistic!
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2010, 20:35:19 »
A few concluding points for the structure itself!!!

This is certainly an improved castle desing compared to the Knights Empire Castle! Its a steck/system-x hybrid design! It has greater stability and that is mainly because of the steck-like endings and connections of the parts!

Credit must also go to the system-x connectors that are more tight in place! Playmobil has produced a design that uses more round yellow connectors than the red ones.This makes the connections tighter and stronger!

However, there is still a danger of the castle falling apart if picked up all together! Attachment one shows with green circles the strong connection points of the castle, the two steck corners...

I have also pointed out with a red circle the weakness of the southwestern wall...as a single unit its strong...but as a whole, the weight drags it down with result being falling appart if the castle is not held from the gate and the big tower to move around!

There is more space to maneuvre within the castle! attachment 2 This gives to a chld more oportunity to recreate various rooms or areas within the castle as he/she likes them to be, stables, dungeons. throneroom etc.. But I say again...there should have been an iron bars door in the ground floor to make a good dungeon... the prisoner can fall from the trap door in the first floor room, I can see knights chasing each other over the cliff and the lader being raised so that they cannot get into the tower!!!!

Most importantly, the battlements are designed in a good proportional hight as opposed to a klicky!!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: This makes the castle more real like!!! attachment 3

« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 20:42:10 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2010, 20:37:23 »
Wow! I love those gates! So realistic!

A few more impressive views Arnaud!!!  ;)