Author Topic: Help with display 30ft X 40ft  (Read 10650 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Help with display 30ft X 40ft
« on: August 30, 2012, 01:16:17 »
well I just got a phone call today. The lady asked me where my release form is. Release form? Yes the one for the 4th annual train show. You have a reserved 30x40 layout spot  :o
:help:  :help:  :help:  :help:  :help:   
I do not know what to do, its will be our fitst public layout, thousands of people go to this event, its in a few weeks

Redwood Train Show link
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Help with display 30ft X 40ft
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 01:19:18 »
What? Didn't you know you'd reserved a spot? ??? Anyhow, awesome! But, wow, that's not much time to prepare. Are you doing a modern train or western? Seems western would be really cool.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 01:26:24 »
I think I'd go for western too, with that you can have a town, indian camp, rocks, a cattle ranch, a fort, a river and wide open spaces with buffalo.
Will you have to provide your own boards etc. on which to set up the display?

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 01:34:29 »
yes we are torn between western and modern. We have tons of both. The only limitation on the western is we have a limited amount of brass track. We have lots of plastic track.

I do not want to put it up on tables this time. I was thinking about putting dirt, sand, etc... to cover the concrete floor. The roads/wagon trails could be sand and the dirt everywhere else. maybe green felt for grass??

I remember talking to them but never setting anything in stone. They just reserved a spot for me. I need to go talk to the local Brick and Mortar toy shop to get them involved

Do people hand out playmo catalogs?

I could have a contest like the find waldo idea and give away prizes?? ideas??

I want to kids to get involved somehow. all the other displays are pristine and the adults never let kids do anything.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 01:46:25 »
You could see if some PFs in the US are willing to let you borrow some brass track and send it back after the exhibition. Seems western would be really cool, and honestly, there being the limiting factor of there only being so much you can do with western theme might help you bring ideas into focus. There's so many possibilities with a modern theme, it can be hard to form a plan in so little time.

Keep in mind that if you use green felt, klickies won't stand quite as well on it.

Getting the kids involved would be really nice. You could do a cowboy version of waldo. ;) Also, guess how many type games, like guessing how many bicycles, puppies, cats, whatever in the jar would be a good game to give a way a prize. And you can do something like spotting the things that don't belong, like a motorcycle at the hitching posts, a TV in the sheriff's office, that type of thing.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 01:55:15 »
You could see if some PFs in the US are willing to let you borrow some brass track and send it back after the exhibition. Seems western would be really cool, and honestly, there being the limiting factor of there only being so much you can do with western theme might help you bring ideas into focus. There's so many possibilities with a modern theme, it can be hard to form a plan in so little time.

Keep in mind that if you use green felt, klickies won't stand quite as well on it.

Getting the kids involved would be really nice. You could do a cowboy version of waldo. ;) Also, guess how many type games, like guessing how many bicycles, puppies, cats, whatever in the jar would be a good game to give a way a prize. And you can do something like spotting the things that don't belong, like a motorcycle at the hitching posts, a TV in the sheriff's office, that type of thing.

thanks for the input  :wow:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 01:59:39 »
I was thinking of a game kids would win right then and there. I could give simple playmo prises as long as it was hard enough that not every kid won. Maybe levels also so older kids have just as hard as a time as little kidos

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 02:59:12 »
There's always something like I showed here. ;) http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=8540.0 If they can get the klicky, they win it. Except it doesn't have to be a claw machine but could be something like the fair game where you try to toss the ball into the cup with the goldfish or however that goes. :lol: Except they could be firing the cannon into the cup/boat with the klicky in it. Or a klicky dunking booth. :P Ok, that may be abusing some poor klicky.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 03:09:57 »
I think a Western train would be cooler! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 09:43:56 »
I was thinking of a game kids would win right then and there. I could give simple playmo prises as long as it was hard enough that not every kid won. Maybe levels also so older kids have just as hard as a time as little kidos

You could try a seach game, e.g. looking for specific figures or animals or looking for letters to make up a word.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”