Author Topic: GETTING READY FOR KIRKBEAN 2012  (Read 2683 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
GETTING READY FOR KIRKBEAN 2012
« on: July 08, 2012, 21:17:29 »
Not been posting very much lately as I've been busy getting ready for Kirkbean Exhibition, but thought some of you might like to know how the preparations are coming along. 

With 3 weeks to go things are starting to come together.
Hogwarts and Hogsmeade didn't need a lot of extra work just bits and pieces here and there. 

The zoo and safari park is coming along well, I got a pleasant shock the other day when I got out all my animals and saw how many there were - I've been collecting them for two years now as I had planned to do a wildlife park last year, but left it out because Damo did a safari diorama.  Haven't got any rhinos though, must get on to that.

Today has been very productive as far as the victorian scene is concerned - I painted another house for the street scene and made a bandstand for the park, also sprayed one of the new green cars black - I'll post pics when they're all finished.

Tomorrows task is to build an artic research station - found a photo of one on google that I think I can recreate .... more later...

Poster and flyers have been distributed, local press and radio informed, and I have been asked to  put a small scene in a display case at the local library next weekend until a couple of days before the exhibition - I'm going to use the thestral, Hagrid and students and make up a 'care of magical creatures' lesson as I thought the Harry Potter theme would be appropriate for the library.

As regards the fairy tales etc. I am working on those; just got the bed from this set
3020 - Bedroom With Canopy Bed
for Sleeping Beauty. 

It's very exciting here when the postman comes - parcels are arriving daily, wonder what will arrive tomorrow?

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: GETTING READY FOR KIRKBEAN 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 00:13:37 »
Great! I look forward to your pictures from the event. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 01:53:50 »
you make me jealous of your abilities, good luck with your newest event  :cham:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 18:40:52 »
I'm jealous too! Sounds like so much fun. :love:

If you need any advice about the zoo/safari park feel free to ask. ;D Can't wait to see pics of that.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 19:11:39 »
I always enjoy watching the process as much as the results. :)

I had a thought, it may not be for this year but perhaps next. What about us putting together a video consisting of slide shows of photo stories or image series from here at the forum, that could be played on a TV in a corner somewhere? If would be a fun way to share other aspects of the collecting community and let many of us get involved.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 19:38:45 »
That sounds like a good idea, Tim.  The shows could also include other exhibitions from earlier years.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 20:10:19 »
I had wondered about printing out some photos of some of the images from here - with permission of the owners of them of course.

Elaine

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 20:17:52 »
I'm jealous too! Sounds like so much fun. :love:

If you need any advice about the zoo/safari park feel free to ask. ;D Can't wait to see pics of that.

I may just do that Bonnie, thank you for the offer  :)

Elaine

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 20:35:34 »
Well you have my permission to use any of my pics.  :)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 21:53:39 »
I may just do that Bonnie, thank you for the offer  :)

Elaine

And if you want any advice on yards and storage areas then you know where to come ;)

Damo :)