Author Topic: Playmobil 5008 mountain rescue set  (Read 13793 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Playmobil 5008 mountain rescue set
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 15:39:15 »
There is so much that attracts me in this set:
animals
maps!
emergency personnel and equipment
hiking
the woods
safety

We'll cover all or most of that.

Even with the vehicles, small building, and RC component, it has an air of simplicity to it.  The RC seems needless and I wonder how much that adds to the price.

The 4x4 has RC compatibility but the RC set doesn't come with it.  One advantage of the new interior is that the RC unit can be fitted without having to remove the rear interior as is the case with the versions with rear seats.  I may get the RC unit out some time and try it.

Thank you for sharing (especially in such detail)!  This is the type of set that colors me vastly impressed with playmobil.

tlc
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 15:45:35 »
Thanks for the excellent detailed review Gordon! Although it won't show up here, it's interesting to see! Great acquisition!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 15:46:03 »
I mentioned we'd come back to the orange sign on the roof.  As you can see in the link in an earlier post, the real vehicles are fitted with blue lights and so here is the Playmobil version with blue lights fitted, and very impressive it looks too.

If you look at the rear interior photos, you'll notice that on either side there are some channels and I suddenly occurred to me what might fit in them - skis and ski poles!  I have the original 3834 mountain rescue set (http://www.collectobil.com/catalogue/items/3843.htm) and so decided to try the skis and ski poles from that set - perfect fit:

and

Well, it's the helicopter next but that may not be until Saturday, so keep watching folks!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 15:46:45 »
Thanks for the excellent detailed review Gordon! Although it won't show up here, it's interesting to see! Great acquisition!

Thanks, Bill, but wait until you see the helicopter!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 15:48:46 »

One thing I noticed in the box pictures is that the hut is obviously occupied by a man - he's left the toilet seat up!  :lol:

Elaine

Or maybe it's a woman who believes in leaving things as others would want to find them!   ;D

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 15:53:41 »
Very nice indeed!  Didn't know that existed.

If they can't cope without loo paper, they'll have to get a Portaloo (7867) and use their loo as a kitchen (ie NEVER use that toilet).  Very few of our displays are missing our Portaloo (it gets loaded up on to one of our trailers and unloaded with an imaginary crane  ::) ) Can't quite imagine how that lot would get up a mountain track!!

As we'll see, they have a helicopter - maybe they'll take up your idea.

Or, just balance a roll (30 07 1620) on the edge of the sink!!!!

A possiblity.

More importantly, what do they do for hot drinks? Not even a kettle. Disgraceful.

I wondered about the lack of a kettle and brew-up facilities, but then decided that they would rely on self-heating tins of soup and high energy drinks and bars (the non-alcoholic sort).

Would a mountain rescue team such as this be professionals, or volunteers, I wonder?

I imagine they would be volunteers.  Certainly in the UK the only professional mountain rescue teams are the RAF ones, and they are RAF members who have other duties but have volunteered for mountain rescue work as well.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 17:02:42 »
That really is a beautiful truck in the white and black color combo. I would want to get a few of these as I would want one with out the insignias on the sides. I think it would look so smart as a civilian vehicle

Thanks for the detailed pictures  :wow:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 17:13:19 »
it's a very cool set Gordon - i didn't know it existed

thank you for the review :)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 17:54:32 »
Great looking vehicle!! Thanks for the comparson pics!!

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 18:43:24 »
Oh boy, I have been lusting for this set !
And from your pics it is as good as I thought :love:.
Cheers!
Luciano