Author Topic: Playmobil 5008 mountain rescue set  (Read 13793 times)

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil 5008 mountain rescue set
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 22:15:18 »
Wonderful set, very special  :love:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 22:24:29 »
Very nice indeed!  Didn't know that existed.

If they can't cope without loo paper, they'll have to get a Portaloo (7867) and use their loo as a kitchen (ie NEVER use that toilet).  Very few of our displays are missing our Portaloo (it gets loaded up on to one of our trailers and unloaded with an imaginary crane  ::) ) Can't quite imagine how that lot would get up a mountain track!!

Or, just balance a roll (30 07 1620) on the edge of the sink!!!!

More importantly, what do they do for hot drinks? Not even a kettle. Disgraceful.

Would a mountain rescue team such as this be professionals, or volunteers, I wonder?

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 22:40:36 »
Thanks for the review so far, Gordon! Can't wait to see the rest. So far, I like the set very much.

Sounds like the voice of experience...  :toot:

:lol:

A lesson to be learned too, watch out for Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, & Sumack! It can turn into an itchy problem especially,........well you know!  :P
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 22:42:04 »
 :lol: Sounds like some really good advice!  :)9

wwrs
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 22:59:05 »
Thanks for the clarification on the logo Gordon, now that you gave the real example it all makes sense and does look quite accurate.

Now off to do some itching  :hehe:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 00:54:23 »
Nice review of a cool set Gordon. I don't think I've ever seen this one before.  Thanks for sharing. 

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 00:58:21 »
It's a great set and your review is good as always Gordon. Looking forward to the rest!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 15:04:41 »
Today, I'll review the 4x4 vehicle with the set.  It is basically the same as the 3181 fire car and the THW version with the exception that it has a grey chassis (the previous versions had white chassises) and the interior is different.  There are also differences in the colour of the door mirrors and hub caps which are black in this version rather than white.

For comparison, here are photos of the interior of the original versions.  I've used the 3181 fire version as it was available having been out and about recently but the interior of the THW version was the same.  So we start with an overhead view:

and then a view of the rear interior:

Now the new model, overhead view:

rear view:

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tlc

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 15:23:23 »
There is so much that attracts me in this set:
animals
maps!
emergency personnel and equipment
hiking
the woods
safety

Even with the vehicles, small building, and RC component, it has an air of simplicity to it.  The RC seems needless and I wonder how much that adds to the price.

Thank you for sharing (especially in such detail)!  This is the type of set that colors me vastly impressed with playmobil.

tlc

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 15:33:17 »
Now the exterior of the new version.

First, a front three quarter view showing the typical rectangular 4x4 lines of the model - it's a Land Rover or a Mercedes G Klasse as you wish.  Note that on the roof where the blue light unit goes on the other versions there is an orange sign with the unit's identification number, but more on this later.

A side view shows off the printed on insignia:

And then a rear three quarter view:

Finally, an overhead view:

Overall, I think it is a very striking and impressive livery and very close to the original as seen here:

http://gelaendewagen.at/artikel08/oebrd_noe_017.php

The emblem is an edelweiss and here's a detail shot:

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”