Author Topic: Comparing Playmobil Pizzeria #6291 to Sylvanian Families Pizza Parlour  (Read 13240 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
A very interesting comparison, thank you.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
Never realized how close in scale the lines are.
Sweet!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
We also have the Sylvanian pizza set, it's gorgeous. Planning on the playmobil one now...

The playmopizza set brings champagne?! What a silly idea!  :o

Offline nunney

• Playmo Fanatic
This is a very nice SF takeout counter! (I've included the pizza man from series 1 in some of the pictures.)

Here's Playmobil's answer to the takeout counter. The table does make a decent buffet.

okay, seems there is no contest here. being from a part of america where there is a corner pizzeria literally on every corner i cand truly say this sylvanian counter is the hands down winner. the playmobil 'counter' is really bland and unremarkable.i don't know sylvanian (sorry!!) but it's nice to see that the lines integrate so nicely with one another. are the sylvanian boxes made of cardboard?

thanks for this post!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
I THINK Sylvanian are called Callico Critters in the US.

There's several pics of the sylvanian bakery and fridge (and food) somewhere on the PROCESS...

Offline nunney

• Playmo Fanatic
yes...the bunnies and stuff? those are what share the aisle with toys r us around here.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Yeah, calico critters are made by sylvanian families. They're cute, but I can't get past having mice be the same size as bears.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
They're cute, but I can't get past having mice be the same size as bears.

LOL - they're GORGEOUS.. but you have a point.. My sister has a few...

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
I wonder if that's the line I saw in Harrods last month? They had some hugh, incredible building that were not cheap, and a bit hard to bring home on a plane without paying for another seat.  I don't know of any place in the US that sells that line. I'd get one of the pizza sets if I knew where.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Calico critters are pretty easy to find here. TRU has them, and learning express. They're usually near the playmobil.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.