Author Topic: Sonoma County Fair 2012  (Read 6062 times)

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
Re: Sonoma County Fair 2012
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2012, 01:42:55 »
Amazing setup Ras!! :wow: :wow: :wow: I'm glad it turned out for you so well.  Love that bridge and the giant fort!

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2012, 12:01:29 »
Wow what an amazing setup and collection you have there!  As for the only non playmo animal, is it an aardvark also known as an anteater?

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2012, 17:18:21 »
Thanks for the pictures.  Very creative setup.  Looks like you had no problem filling the space.

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2012, 11:23:59 »
MAGNIFICENT DIO RAS!!!! MARVELOUS JOB !!!!
I 've loved that your kids help you with that.
It is a great thing when you are building a dio yourself but if your kids are committed to it too, is the most amazing thing!!

Bravo!!

Offline tigana123

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Chief Architect
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2012, 14:06:59 »
This was simply amazing!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2012, 15:32:46 »

Thank you Elric, I am not sure what it is  :lol: to me it looks like a freak of nature. Maybe a genetically modified animal  :P

Thank you PlaymoMan for the kind comment

Thank you Pynedor, you know I am not sure if it was worth it  :lol: I am still unpacking  8} but we all had fun in the end  you should have seen how proud my boys were, so for that I will do it again.

Thank you  el jefe, yes the bridge was a big hit, most kids and parents would stand in front of it and gawk at the show

Thank you Knight Train, I even had lots more that I did not have time to put in  :-[ or sets to open

Thank you grangel, having my kids help was the best part. I was even unaware of all the scenes that they built until I was packing them away. Even for me during the show it was impossible to see everything and I was there 12 hours a day

Thank you tigana123 we had fun
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2012, 18:55:03 »
Great diorama WOW  8-)

I especially liked the picture of the indians bowing for their totempole :lol:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2012, 21:23:39 »
Thank you  conniefrere , That was my youngest (7) idea. We had a bunch of that native from the pirate boat and I had no idea what to do with so many of the same figure. A scene where a bunch of identical people praying to an idol seemed perfectly fitting

Now if only I could figure out how to load videos to youtube. I keep getting error messages or that it will take 1000 minutes to load and then when its done it says " your video is to long and we deleted it" its only 20 minutes. I hate computer problems  8} but I am quite stubborn and will figure it out eventually  ::)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2012, 16:32:05 »
Still no luck on the Video  >:(

I did get a letter from the management of the fair. "Please come back next year, we have a spot for you and want you to reserve it now". Its a year off  :hmm: I may demand more than 1200sq.ft. this time. If I do a modern dio I could easily fill 5000 especially if I do airports, seaports, racetracks, horsetracks, mining & logging operations  etc.......

Also a toy store (Hobby Town franchise) that is in the next town contacted me. "Please come to our train show in November, you will have a 12' x 15' space". What am I to cram into a 180sq.ft. ? I want big not tiny, this is G scale not Z  :hmm: They also want me to set it in 4 hours  8}

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2012, 16:58:28 »
 :lol: Sounds like you will be negotiating on that one.

I'm glad you brought this up, 'cause for some reason I missed this thread entirely. I read about the preparations and I knew it was going to be big, but can I just say: WOOOOOW!

With thàt much space, the whole thing just comes to life! Amazing, and I would have loved to be there to see it irl... You truely have an awesome collection  :wow:

My favourite is the saloon and everything going on in there. And the streets with merchants scattered here and there. The mansion looks perfect as a single building occupied by a rich owner. And the water looks stunning! You guys should do this for a living  ;D

+ It must be so nice to do be able to do this with the entire family.
Thank you very much for sharing  :)