Author Topic: Chateau de Loire en Miniature  (Read 14075 times)

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Chateau de Loire en Miniature
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 07:07:20 »
I had always thought that the Playmobil "palace" was designed for a failed Arabian Nights Theme. But, now after seeing your beautiful rendition of Chambord, I am beginning to wonder if Chambord was also the inspiration for Playmobil's Fantasy Palace ???
My thought. It is maybe ten years ago when I first started thinking about how nice it would be for geobra to create a Playmo version of a Loire castle and when they offered us the fairytale castle I thought "What a miss!". But at a closer look (some years later) it has the feel of the Loire castles.

I also considered creating Chateau Chenonceaux but found the bridge too difficult to recreate.
Cheers
Michael

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 07:39:14 »
Michael, your castle is awesome. My mouth literally fell open when I saw it!  :)9

Not only does it look great, but the scale of it is amazing. Thank you for sharing the  photos.
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 10:01:14 »
Spectacular! :D

That's one of the prettiest custom Playmobil buildings I've seen, and all the smaller details such as the flowering arbours in the garden complement it perfectly. 8-)

I've been tempted on and off to buy the fairytale castle, and after seeing what can be done if you extend it with some extra pieces (quite an understatement ;D), my interest in it is most definitely renewed.

Thanks for showing us your chateau, Michael! :)

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 18:21:44 »
VERY impressive castle!!!!!!! All I can say is WOW!!!  :D

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 15:21:28 »
I would never of thought that you could create such a magnificent building using the the new system X parts. You are obviously a very talented architect to imagine and then construct such a masterpiece from such limited parts.

Garry.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline hoppatussa

• Southern Belle @ heart
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 16:01:24 »
Wow.. what an awesome structure!  Do you have any interior photos?

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 17:51:15 »
Hello  Mi-Chi  :)

This is amazing !! I really appreciate the work you have put into this. It would be great to see some pictures of the inside.

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 19:23:47 »
Hi,

actually I took some photos of the interior but there are numerous problems (again!). One is that there isn't much space left behind the castle to move - I have to lay down - still impossible. And then it is pretty dark even though there is a larger window right over the castle but it is still in the shadow so I have to use a flash. Now - all of the white walls and mirrors reflect the flash perfectly. I plan to take new pictures but for that I have to turn the whole thing around.  :0

A little teaser - there is a mirror gallery, state rooms with secret hallways leading to private apartments of the king and the queen. An apartment for each the princess, the prince, the king's mother and the king's mistress. Some official salons, a council, a greenery with parrots and more. I currently plan a little theatre - inspired by the fairy tale books who make nice backdrops for a play.

You are obviously a very talented architect to imagine and then construct such a masterpiece from such limited parts.
:-[ Thank you very much - I always though it is rather obvious.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 19:33:36 by mi-chi »
Cheers
Michael

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2006, 09:57:47 »
Here are some pics of the interior that support the problems I currently have. It is either too dark or too much flash. BTW - the strange structure of the mirrors isn't because of me - the part where the mirror sticker is glued on is actually a window with an extra layer of (way too) thin plastic  and a frame around. I hope they will improve this bad situation.

Cheers
Michael

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2006, 11:53:39 »
Bu despite your problems with taking the pics, what we see is impressive. :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”