Author Topic: Roderick's quest.  (Read 8645 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: Roderick's quest.
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 09:13:53 »
((it's been a while, but my health is getting better and I really don't want to leave poor Roderick laying unconcious there for any longer.))

Henry slowly draws his sword as he steps inside and closes the door behind him.

There is no one there, oddly enough. But he hears some mumbling coming from the kitchen.

Carefully and slowly he moves there, expecting an ambush but instead he sees Roderick laying there, mumbling a bit as he regains conciousness.

Quickly he puts his sword away and rushes to his friend's aid. "Roderick! who did this to you?"

Carefully he helped Roderick back up his feet and guided him to sit down on a chair.

Roderick groaned and rubbed his head. "Ugh.. Heinrich Drachenfell knocked me unconcious.. his cousins where here as well. They where plotting something against your brother!"
Henry seemed surprised: "Cedric? are you certain? no one has ever defeated him in battle. Where they the only ones involved in this?"
Roderick: "Let's find Frederick first.. he should hear about this too.."

Carefully Roderick stood up, and together with Henry they moved to the kitchen window and sneaked out of the Inn without the guards knowing, Frederick was already waiting for them outside.

Frederick: "You look a bit dizzy Roderick, what have you been drinking in there?"
Roderick picked up his sword as he spoke: "Heinrich Drachenfell and his cousins knocked me unconcious.. I saw Prince Edward leave the tavern and later I saw the henchman of the Dread Baron walk the streets.. maybe he is involved too.. I sneaked inside to investigate."
Frederick: "That sounds serious.. what did you hear them speak about?"
Roderick: "They are plotting to murder Cedric.. I am not sure if prince Edward is involved in it too.. I regret signing that treaty with him now.. he might not be a friend at all."
Henry: "It's best if you don't withdraw from it now.. he might suspect something, and here we are surrounded by his soldiers."
Roderick: "Agreed, let's meet up with the others."

Harold and the two squires where talking a bit, concerned about what was going on inside, they seemed happy to see the three knights return back to them safely.

Harold: "It is good to see you are alright Sir Roderick, what happened?"
Roderick: "I will tell you later, for now let's head back home."

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 09:44:03 »
As they turned around they saw prince Edward approaching, along with several knights and soldiers. They feared for the worst.

Edward: "There you are, knight Roderick! thought you could sneak away like that, did you? I can't let you go just yet.."
Roderick and the others glanced around, unsure about what to do, Roderick carefully asked: ".. You can't?"

Prince edward: "Of course not! Not before we shake hands to seal the alliance between our kingdoms!"

Roderick sighed relieved, and smiled as he shook hands with prince Edward. While he worried about this alliance turning out to be a mistake, he made sure to not show this to prince Edward.

With the treaty signed, and the conspirators having gone into hiding, Roderick and his friends gather their horses and start the journey back home to the castle.
They have much to tell to King Phillip, Baron Blacktower and especially Sir Cedric!

But what about the three cousins? where have they been hiding? they where no where to be found after all..

Ah here they are.. hiding at the birthday party untill it is safe for them to come out.
Heinrich: "... I hate it here.. these peasants are loud, they drink cheap ale, and they keep spilling ale over my armor."
Wolfgang shrugged and took another sip from his mug: "Relax cousin, have some Ale! at least Siegfried is forgetting about all his worries."
Siegfried: "I am king of the table! WOOHOO!!"
The villagers just cheered him on and figured the more the merrier.

And Prince Edward? He has gathered all his knights around him.

Prince Edward: "Alright, we need to work harder.. we need more soldiers, we need to sign alliances with more small towns, and send letters to Ferdinand the Falcon and Lord Silvermane.. I wish to speak with them."

What is Prince Edward up to? While Roderick's quest is over, his new task will be to uncover this conspiracy along with Henry and Frederick.
But that is a story for another time.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 21:46:52 »
Well it is certainly good to see Roderick is alright at least now they will all now to be wary and on the look out for trouble   :knight: will be interesting to see what the Prince has up his sleeves

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 00:14:29 »
Great to see the chapter closed on this one. Wonderful story, I hope you can go on with it at some point in the future.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 09:00:51 »
thanks everyone, in a few weeks I hope to start on setting up the next installment. I am already feeling a lot better, but not comforteable enough yet to be bending myself in all angles for pictures.  :)