Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Brainstorming For Playmobil / Re: What's wrong with Playmobil? 2
« Last post by JPSA on Today at 13:10:11 »
PM's withdrawal from US stores -- most notably Target and Wal-Mart -- is dooming sales here more than anything.

All the more reason for Branstatter to move production to the US: the #1 toy market in the world, in terms of purchases.  They'd probably have an easier time getting shelf space if they are made here.  Plus, the DOJ might be less aggressive, this time, should allegations of price-fixing surface again.  You need to pay to play [-mobil! ☺].
Yes !!! it was the exact same code (in the same figure)
« Last post by Alex4420 on Today at 12:30:17 »
Speaking as a rather superficial consumer who bought PM for his children, I did not care less about the building system. What mattered was visibility -- when the toys were in shops, my children could see them and I was inclined to make impulsive purchases for them as well as holiday purchases. PM's withdrawal from US stores -- most notably Target and Wal-Mart -- is dooming sales here more than anything.
« Last post by Oliver on Today at 10:40:08 »

PM construction-play costs aren't that bad.  Just buy two used steck castles, or system-x hospitals, or space bases, and a budding engineer / designer already a lot to play with.  We're talking $350 on the US Ebay, at most — much less if you live in Europe — which is fairly reasonable.  Also, given that Playmobil tend to keep their value, and can be easily resold, that isn't such a bad deal.

I mean, you're correct - but if you want to build things, there are other toys that are better suited to it. I do think Playmobil should aim to have a flexible building system - and I actually thought there was more System-X in the present range than there is - but I don't think it's ever going to be the primary strength of the brand.
Report & Review / Re: Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 - Offroad 71436
« Last post by tahra on Today at 09:55:34 »
Thanks for the pics - it's a nice car, and very different. But I cannot :(

I like the klicky too!
Any updates on this? I bought the same figure from two different stores and it had the same code for both !!!

The exact same code?

I finished getting the figures, playing for almost all of them..

Review pending. Still have all the app screenshots to organize (and some to capture)
Mystery Figures Series / Re: Series 25 - 71455 and 71456
« Last post by GrahamB on Today at 08:06:40 »
....I'm going to assume the police officer is an actor in a tv show. There's no way that long loose hair meets police regulation; it's too dangerous without plot armor.

:lol:
« Last post by Ismene on Today at 05:53:09 »
I haven't seen blind bags locally for years.

The Sami couple is lovely (I may venture onto ebay for them). The B&W Victorian is kind of fun. Hipster dad is a great idea. I like the sushi chef. I love the basketball player's hair and the artist's hair. The Valkyrie is cool, but it always annoys me when klickies can't sit down. The pink queen had a bad makeup job but nice torso. I'm going to assume the police officer is an actor in a tv show. There's no way that long loose hair meets police regulation; it's too dangerous without plot armor.
News / Re: Korean exclusive - King Sejong the Great
« Last post by Ismene on Today at 05:51:58 »
He's starting to show up on ebay, but I'm going to need to catch a leprechaun to afford him. $$$ :irish:
« Last post by Janilew on Today at 03:54:14 »
I have a couple dozen fi?ures from old serieses that I don't need, I can get a list together if you're interested.  :hatoff:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS . PLEASE!!!  :love: :love: :love: :love:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10