Author Topic: Consumer Experiences of PM services around the globe  (Read 2927 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Consumer Experiences of PM services around the globe
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2021, 16:20:39 »
I split this topic from a discussion about ease/difficulty of obtaining the Schiller promotional figure.

Can you please move this to a more... private setting? 

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2021, 02:08:26 »
But there is no competition as far as PM is concerned (as you said Tahra), they don't operate like supermarkets.

That's not quite true. Apart from DS sets/spare parts (which the vast majority of customers won't be buying) you can buy the sets from another retailer, which obviously reduces the margin that Playmobil are making on each product.

The UK side always seems fine, but to be honest I've never had any cause to contact them about anything. I think the website is generally quite badly designed. I suppose it would be good to be able to order figures as spare parts. But other than that I've no complaints

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2021, 11:20:16 »
I suppose it would be good to be able to order figures as spare parts. But other than that I've no complaints

You should try! UK DS does allow you to order figures for recent sets. But the part numbers for figures don't 'work' on 'Find Spare Parts, apart from a few which also show up on the web shop.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2021, 13:26:40 »
When I read all this I'm very happy to live in Belgium...I honestly never had ANY troubles with ordering spares and such.The people on the phone or the eMail contacts have always been very friendly and helpful to me, so no complaints here.  :)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2021, 13:46:35 »
You should try! UK DS does allow you to order figures for recent sets. But the part numbers for figures don't 'work' on 'Find Spare Parts, apart from a few which also show up on the web shop.

I was aware that it was technically possible, but I'm a Millennial, the likelihood of me voluntarily making a phonecall is approximately zero  :lol: :lol:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2021, 00:47:29 »
When I read all this I'm very happy to live in Belgium...I honestly never had ANY troubles with ordering spares and such.The people on the phone or the eMail contacts have always been very friendly and helpful to me, so no complaints here.  :)

I tried to phone them several times a few weeks ago, but every day, each hour the message "We are not reachable, please try again later." sounded through the phone.
Also, Playmobil Northen-Europe doesn´t mention any email-address or phone-number to contact them anymore on the BE website, nor on their invoices or delivery notes. Only their "new" address, located in an anonymous office-building in Amsterdam, can be found through a search.
Luckily as a regular costumer / collector I saved the email-address (and the old phone-number which should still function?) of the customer-service long time ago, but new or non-regular customers probably didn´t and so they can´t reach them any longer, except by filling out a standard online form on the site and pressing "send", but then one doesn´t have a copy from what he/she wrote to them in the email-inbox. You can of course take a printscreen before you press "send", but that is not how it should be imho.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2021, 09:35:36 »
I was aware that it was technically possible, but I'm a Millennial, the likelihood of me voluntarily making a phonecall is approximately zero  :lol: :lol:

You can send a list by email. Look up part numbers on PlaymoDB (which is what Playmobil staff do all the time!). Let me know if you can't find an email address for UK customer services. Like Hadoque, I have one saved.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2021, 14:18:10 »
Recently called the US site to figure out if there was any timeframe for them to restock their barren website...received a seemingly uninterested report that they did not know. They followed this by more or less saying they were sorry that I’m not satisfied... Well, should I be happy about the constantly unavailable products?..by the way, I don’t know if this is news or not, but the knights themed line has been taken off of the US website (unless it is just an error)...