Poll

Where do you perfer to buy your Playmobil?

Playmobil Online-Shop
eBay
Independent toystore
Toys R Us
FunPark
All of the above

Author Topic: Where do you like to buy your Playmo?  (Read 4701 times)

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
Re: Where do you like to buy your Playmo?
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 21:21:30 »
Interesting topic! I like to buy Playmobil at my local toy store. I usually shop for discontinued sets on eBay. And, finally I occasionally venture out of my hometown to go to other stores...
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 22:03:33 »
Generally ebay for me as Playmobil in Australia is mostly prohibitively expensive, however I have also purchased online from toy shops and in a department store.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 11:02:46 »
I prefer to buy my new sets from a local independent store so that I feel I am supporting them.  I don't like shopping in toys r us because the staff are not very helpful, last time I was nearly run over by 3 children on display bikes and they have recently reduced their Playmo  stock to make room for a babies r us.   ::) But sometimes it is necessary because the local shops don't stock some themes like the doll house.  However, I also browse ebay daily but use it to buy discontinued sets. 

[img]

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 13:21:23 »
I don't like shopping in toys r us because the staff are not very helpful, last time I was nearly run over by 3 children on display bikes (...)

It is not TRU fault that savage kids run amock without their uninterested parents' supervision. I find those more and more. I have NO patience for kids, especially wild ones.  :hmm:

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 15:37:50 »
I tend to get used Playmo off ebay and buy from Playmobil online for new sets mainly. 
I buy occasionally from our local toy shops, but the prices at one are pretty high and the other doesn't stock a great deal.  Where we are the nearest Toys R Us is 2 hours drive away.

Elaine

« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 22:23:04 by skypurr »
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 17:26:34 »
It is not TRU fault that savage kids run amock without their uninterested parents' supervision. I find those more and more. I have NO patience for kids, especially wild ones.  :hmm:
m

It was 2 separate points.   :) When I asked them if they knew when they were getting a certain set they weren't very friendly then on a different day was the kids with bikes which I realise isn't TRU's fault but put me off all the same. We didn't stay long enough to see what the staff did. 
[img]

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2011, 17:31:24 »
Ebay and independent toyshops for me :) I try not to shop at TRU if I can - all that load music! 8}

It is not TRU fault that savage kids run amock without their uninterested parents' supervision.

Funny, that's the same in TRU here! :lol:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2011, 19:16:52 »
I don't really like shopping at TRU, but I do it anyway. :lol: We don't have any independent toy shops here that carry PM. :( There are a couple that used to, but they stopped. :-\ Learning Express carries it, of course, but their prices are marked way up. So TRU is my only option for buying locally. Everything else is from ebay or directly from playmobil. I never buy from TRU online. I prefer to skip the middle man and have playmobil getting the money directly!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2011, 15:27:47 »
Speaking of place to buy PM, do we have anyone who is familiar with PM stores in the LA or Las Vegas areas? We will be staying in Santa Monica and Vegas on a business trip soon, and it would be great to know of any new or used PM stores in those areas. Cheers, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!