Author Topic: View inside an old Playmo-train catalogue  (Read 8655 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: View inside an old Playmo-train catalogue
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005, 02:52:32 »
I was looking into one of the new catalogues and noticed the current train sets have plastic tracks.... ::) If I was going for the trains, I would prefer the good old brass ones with a good old transformer instead of those wireless remotes (as it should be :yup: ).

I absolutely agree with you, Jean Luc! And, I think that most Playmobil train enthusiasts will also agree with you!

Fortunately, we can still get the same good old brass tracks (and the good old electric transformers) from LGB ...

Thanks again for scanning and posting your old train catalogue.

All the best and Happy New Year,
Richard

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Re: View inside an old Playmo-train catalogue
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005, 04:02:27 »
I was looking into one of the new catalogues and noticed the current train sets have plastic tracks.... ::) If I was going for the trains, I would prefer the good old brass ones with a good old transformer instead of those wireless remotes (as it should be :yup: ).

That's the way I've gone too Jean Luc. I've a Westen Train and a Passenger Train (both of which are serve double duty as my Circus train from time to time) and I love the older models. Though to be honest I've not tried the plastic track or the remote. I have heard they are better for outside but don't foresee me taking my trains out much.  The brass track just seems more "authentic"...well, for a toy. ;)
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS