Author Topic: Smyths Toys exclusives  (Read 1241 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Smyths Toys exclusives
« on: April 10, 2019, 20:25:54 »
Saw this:

Smyths Toys exclusives (link at amclicks)

I think the fairies are the most interesting, imo... Let's see Tiermann's veredict on the UNIQUENESS of the animals - the dragonling is a MUST :love:

Also like the skate one.. for SOME reason ::)  (even if the klickys all look like idiots)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Smyths Toys exclusives
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 22:00:15 »
The fairy one is a really nice set. The baby dragon is a new color. One of the adult unicorns has a silver instead of a gold horn. Tiersammler at Klickywelt thinks the one unicorn baby might be a new color but from these box pictures it looks like an existing one to me.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 07:42:23 »
Neither of the fairies is new. Why have they got a floating bathtub?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 08:16:16 »
The fairy one is a really nice set. The baby dragon is a new color. One of the adult unicorns has a silver instead of a gold horn. Tiersammler at Klickywelt thinks the one unicorn baby might be a new color but from these box pictures it looks like an existing one to me.

Thanks Tiermann... Guess we need to wait for a final assessment.. If it was just the baby dragon, I wonder if we could get him from parts...

Neither of the fairies is new.

So silly. And lazy. And lame.

Why have they got a floating bathtub?

:lmao: :lmao:

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 11:27:27 »
Thanks Tiermann... Guess we need to wait for a final assessment.. If it was just the baby dragon, I wonder if we could get him from parts...

I'll make a guess at
30 65 1464 - Dragon, baby, 2017-style
and
30 51 8792 - Wings of baby dragon, 2017-style

If anyone orders them, please let me know the results!

(I'll add these sets to my "instructions wanted" list - not in the official repository at the moment.)
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 14:29:55 »
This is the first time I have come across a UK toy store with exclusive sets.  However, searching on their site, none of the sets come up, but five other different exclusive sets do:

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/construction-and-cars/playmobil/playmobil-exclusive-to-smyths-toys-superstores/c/playmobil-exclusive
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 16:25:31 »
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 20:47:02 »
German site: https://www.smythstoys.com/de/de-de/toys/playmobil/playmobil-country/playmobil-70166-gro%c3%9fer-reitparcours/p/174364

So to buy from a UK store I go on a German website?  Or do they only sell in Germany/Europe from the website?

It looks as if in the UK they have taken over some of he old Toys R Us stores.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”