Author Topic: Sonoma County Train Show 2013  (Read 3151 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Sonoma County Train Show 2013
« on: September 04, 2013, 20:07:21 »
Hello everyone,

Well I have been quite busy with life and sure miss it in here. I had to drop all extra activities to try and keep up with our business, which is an endless struggle  8}

The organizers of the county train show would not leave  me alone in trying to persuade me in joining the exhibit this year and through their persistence have finally wore me down in joining. They are allotting me the same 1200 Sq.Ft. or 40 X 30 Ft. display area. This year I plan on a new multi level display. I will try to post pictures of the test runs but I really do not have any concrete plans. I usually just make it up when I get to the show. I get about 14 hours to set up and I sure hope they will find a way to extend that.

If anybody could/would help me I could certainly use the help

Date is Sep 20th-22nd
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
Re: Sonoma County Train Show 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 21:17:44 »
Hey Ras!  Good to see you back.  Can't wait to see some pics of your train setup.  I'm sure whatever you come up with will blow them away.   :wave:

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 00:44:44 »
Looking forward to seeing what you do this year.  Will have to go a ways to surpass what you did before.  Wish I lived closer, as I would love to give you a hand.   :(
Great to hear from you and am glad that you and your family are well.

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 07:42:17 »
Wow, that's soon  :o  Enjoy setting it all up, we'll definitely enjoy the end results  :)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 17:09:03 »
Did the show. Lots of people. I took videos and will try to figure out how to post them on boob tube.

I would like to know what Stefan thought since he is the first playmobil collector who saw it in reality? Nice to see you again.... I think your wife was horrified and in shock that you too would go fully playmo nuts.... ;D
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 04:32:54 »
Did the show. Lots of people. I took videos and will try to figure out how to post them on boob tube.

I would like to know what Stefan thought since he is the first playmobil collector who saw it in reality? Nice to see you again.... I think your wife was horrified and in shock that you too would go fully playmo nuts.... ;D

Well, what should I say... I tricked my wife a bit ("it's only half an hour away...") into this 1 h drive...
Ras had a huge diorama set up with Western town, Native American village, fort, plenty of landscape (rocks, forest...) and even a lagoon type water scene with ships. Around and between several trains were making their way also over a huge steck suspension bridge. Pics are on my phone but I had the lower quality/resolution set. Ras, why don't you upload yours?

I really liked it and my girls had problems closing their mouths.

But Ras would not be Ras if this had been all: he led us to his trailer outside where boxes of more Playmobil were waiting. One of the more than 30 plastic boxes had at least 300 more animals (deer, fox, other creatures)!! Then he let my daughter decorate his diorama with some more animals from the above-mentioned collection. The other daughter was handed one of the 15 MISB Western coaches for assembling.

A really impressive diorama - too bad it had to be removed after that weekend. What a work to put it up in such a short time.

Very well done Ras!

Cheers,
HDL

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 06:31:08 »
Ras
I am so sorry I missed this, we have been focused on my husband's mom's health, so odd traveling has been squeezed into our daily life, but all seems to be well for now.  I can hardly wait to see photos of your set-up, I am sure it was spectacular.
kaethe

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 07:53:57 »
Good to see you back, Ras.  Look forward to the videos and photos.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 12:39:28 »
Really hoping to see pics! ;D It sounds absolutely awesome!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 16:35:04 »
It was a pleasure meeting your whole beautiful family Stefan.

I did take video this time with a go-pro and the files are so large i can not even load them on the home computer. I have to send the SD cards to a friend who makes commercials so he can edit and ? So I will be able to share soon.

I do hope more playmofriends will get the time to visit our shows. The other exhibitors are working hard to convince us to go to other towns