Author Topic: Ice skating rink and grandstand.  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Ice skating rink and grandstand.
« on: December 03, 2018, 23:38:18 »
Ice skating rink and grandstand.

Normally I buy the Playmobil Figures for the loose parts. In particular older Klicky's will sometimes fall over because the clamp that holds the legs and arms together becomes lame, causing the Klicky's to stand forward and fall down. But also the faces of the older figures wear out, especially the early ones that are still printed. Then I replace the broken parts with new ones from the Playmobil Figures range.

Occasionally there is such a nice Klicky in a Playmobil Figures package that I assemble it. Also these two charming figure skaters. But as a figure skater you do need an ice skating rink, and Playmobil doesn’t produce that. A solution was found by converting a photo frame with a wooden frame. For that I bought a photo frame with frosted glass. If you place white paper underneath it, it looks like real ice. For the safety of the skaters I made a boarding on the wooden frame, with stairs to get on the ice. A bench for a first aid nurse completes it all.

Complete? Well, a grandstand for the public would also be nice. Of course you want to show your beautiful ice skating skills to others! That's why wooden planks were used to make a grandstand. To be able to change the grandstand I made the grandstand out of four separate parts. Three parts with seats, from which two with stairs. The fourth part is a tower for the jury and a scoreboard. I can use the grandstand later for a tennis court or something similar, and without a tower I can also use the grandstand for a parade.

But all in all I now have a nice grandstand where the figure ice skaters can show their skills for both domestic and foreign audiences (take a good look at the grandstand).

A photo frame with a wooden frame forms the basis of the ice rink. Matt glass with white paper underneath gives the best effect.

A protective boarding, a step and a bench complete the whole. Our ice princesses can't wish for a more beautiful ice rink.

The grandstand is modular, there are elements with seats but there is also a tower for the judges, complete with scoreboard. This way I can also use the stand for other occasions.

Ice rink and grandstand together. Spacious enough for the public and guests to watch the figure skaters.

When the weather is better, I hope to post some better pictures.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: Ice skating rink and grandstand.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 23:51:32 »
Very cool idea!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 03:36:31 »
A very clever and original idea for a custom, Marco.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 03:57:35 »
Charming!  :inlove:

What do PSV and FCU mean?
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 08:49:45 »
Awesome work!

Maybe you can explain to playmobil the concept of "modular"? Seems they lost it somewhere along the years :(

(love the "intruders"!)

PSV (Eindhoven?) is a team (at least to me), the other.. I don't think I know the name..

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 09:35:06 »
Charming!  :inlove:

What do PSV and FCU mean?

PSV = Philips Sport Vereniging, Eindhoven. FCU = FC Utrecht. But I don't have a soccer field yet.