Author Topic: Playmobil FIGURES App & Golden Collectors Figure KNIGHT  (Read 5109 times)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Playmobil FIGURES App & Golden Collectors Figure KNIGHT
« on: September 01, 2023, 15:34:27 »
The Playmobil FIGURES App, the official Figures app of Geobra Brandstaetter Stiftung & Co. KG, was launched in Juli 2022 as a free game for smartphones and has occasionally been commented upon in this forum – typically nonplussed.

A recent update, perhaps in May 2023, has made the game a lot more interesting: it is now possible, by completing a series of 24 figures, to obtain a not-for-sale golden collectible figure free of charge! Series can be completed by winning figures in the game, or by purchase: an individual code is printed on each Figures (Fi?ures) leaflet, which can be entered into the app to add the pertinent figure to your in-app collection. There are three series that can be completed in the game, 22 – 23 – 24. Each player can hence win a maximum of three collectible figures.

I gave it a try and completed series 24, sheerly by the power of my purse: I bought all :(o): 24 figures, just to get the voucher codes for the collectable figure. After contacting Geobra with my winning code, the figure was sent to me as a DHL parcel, and it did not disappoint.

The item comes bagged, with bags within the bag.

Not a blind bag, this time. It carries a ETN number (30797244) and was apparently made in Malta in July 2023.

The figure inside is a twin of the Blue Knight / Space Knight of Series 1 (#5203), but instead of blue now in plain gold.

So, we get lots of parts in plain gold that were hitherto not available: the legs with regular boots, the arm greaves (armor) with pointed shoulder, and the pointed visor of the helmet ("Hounskull").All very desirable parts.

So desirable that I need more, and there is the challenge: it is virtually impossible to complete a series of 24 figures just by playing the game. As shown in the first image, I make it into the high twenties by playing, but probably need to get the codes for the last few from Figures (Fi?ures) bags to complete a series. Another challenge, as series 22 has meanwhile disappeared from the stores here. Also, the codes in the bags do not always match with the same figure in the game, as I have been able to observe for series 24 – for example, the code with the Alien conjures up the Trapper in the game. There is a chance, therefore, that buying the missing figures of 22 and 23 will still not result in a complete in-app series. 8} Time will tell.

I think the game makes collecting Figures (Fi?ures) a bit more interesting, and certainly addictive. I suppose it is also commercially smart, as I would never have bought a series in full, just to get the voucher codes (when doing that for series 24, I didn't yet realise that most figures can simply be won in the game :lol:). But I wonder how long the collectible figure will be offered, because it must be quite costly for Geobra to send out free price figures throughout the world. So I need to get my final two pronto before the offer runs out. ;D

Anybody else here who has also been playing the game?

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil FIGURES App & Golden Collectors Figure KNIGHT
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 14:06:20 »
Thanks for the information! That figure is great!

I have several figures from these series, but many of them are unopened (and I plan to keep them that way for now :-\).

I think the game makes collecting Figures (Fi?ures) a bit more interesting, and certainly addictive. I suppose it is also commercially smart, as I would never have bought a series in full, just to get the voucher codes (when doing that for series 24, I didn't yet realise that most figures can simply be won in the game :lol:).

I'd usually avoid something like this, but that figure is worth the effort. I'll have to go find the opened packages for the leaflets and see what I can manage.
~Pynedor~

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 15:50:23 »
Alright, so I think I figured out most of what there is to this.

I entered all of the codes from leaflets I had from these three series. I had a code for the Series 24 Alien map to the Trapper as well. :-\ I had many duplicates (especially for the Series 22 Knight and Gladiator :)), and, if you enter a code for a duplicate figure, you get 500 gold. I ended up with 34 of the 72 figures and about 8000 gold by doing this.

You can use gold to purchase packs from any of the three series. A "Basic Pack" costs 250 gold and contains some figure items and some bonus items that can be used in the game. A "Legendary Pack" costs 1000 gold and contains one figure (with some figure items) and some bonus items that can be used in the game; you will not always get a figure that you do not yet have. It seems like repeat figures refund about 600 gold, and repeat figure items refund about 100 gold.

You also get one free pack daily (really this seems to be every ~28-29 hours). This appears to be a "Legendary Pack" (or at least it was for me for the first "day").

The game (a matching-type game) is quite easy. The bonus items can help boost your score. In a single game (which can last several minutes with bonus items), it is rather easy to accumulate a score that will result in a reward of 100 to 300 gold.
~Pynedor~

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 16:37:00 »
I have been playing it and was able to enter the full code set for Series 23 since I had them at hand. I am missing just 1 from series 22 from direct entries and playing the game. I sent the email and received confirmation from them but haven't gotten the figure yet. From what I have read it is the same figure even if you complete all 3 series, not a figure unique to each series.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2023, 19:27:34 »
the codes in the bags do not always match with the same figure in the game, as I have been able to observe for series 24

From experience – but without guarantees! – I present the following list of Figures Series 24, with the content of the bags on the left, and on the right what the codes from the bags trigger in the app game. The discrepancies are marked in bold. Numbers between brackets on the right indicate that I repeated the experience more than once.

First the boys:
Bag with leafletApp Game
AlienTrapper
KnightKnight
MedicMedic
Office ManOffice Man
ParalympicParalympic
PilotPilot
PirateAlien
ReggaeReggae
Singer with RoseSinger with Rose
Stone Age ManPirate
Tennis PlayerTennis Player
TrapperStone Age Man (2x)

Then the girls:
Bag with leafletApp Game
Beauty Pageant WinnerBeauty Pageant Winner
ClownClown (3x)
FalconerFalconer
Grey LadyLady in Black Dress
Lady in Black DressLady with Parasol (2x)
Lady with ParasolGrey Lady
Martial ArtistMartial Artist (2x)
MonocyclistMonocyclist
PainterPainter
Selfie Stick GirlSelfie Stick Girl
Tailor (green dress)Tailor (green dress)
Wizard with WandWizard with Wand

I hope this helps. :hatoff:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2023, 20:01:58 »
Thanks for the detailed information!

After several hours, I've managed to devise a strategy to consistently get 1000 to 1200 gold per game without much effort. It's quite boring though. :lol:

I'm now at 50 of the 72 figures and managed to complete Series 22.

I have been playing it and was able to enter the full code set for Series 23 since I had them at hand. I am missing just 1 from series 22 from direct entries and playing the game. I sent the email and received confirmation from them but haven't gotten the figure yet. From what I have read it is the same figure even if you complete all 3 series, not a figure unique to each series.

I just sent them an e-mail with the code for Series 22. Will they just ask for shipping details through e-mail?

~Pynedor~

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2023, 21:57:49 »
Yes, it will be an email reply.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2023, 09:19:48 »
I knew there was a good reason to keep all the leaflets! (I always buy full sets of 24 figures, twice a year).
It's also very helpful to know that there is only one figure to be had, the same for each series.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2023, 11:30:41 »
I entered 24 codes from Series 22 leaflets and this 'unlocked' 23 Series 22 figures and one from Series 23. Strange! I entered 24 codes from Series 23 and this unlocked another 22 of the Series 23 figures.
However, by buying about 5 of the combination packs (using coins given to me because I had 'already got' certain figures), I was able to win the figure I needed for Series 22 and was able to get a code for the Golden Knight. RESULT! And I didn't have to play the game once!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2023, 13:21:47 »
Yes, it will be an email reply.

Thanks, Tiermann!

It's also very helpful to know that there is only one figure to be had, the same for each series.

Has anyone successfully turned in multiple codes? Will they actually provide three figures if you complete each series?

However, by buying about 5 of the combination packs (using coins given to me because I had 'already got' certain figures), I was able to win the figure I needed for Series 22 and was able to get a code for the Golden Knight. RESULT! And I didn't have to play the game once!

Ha! Your luck is far better than mine. After devising yet another strategy that yields about 4000 to 4500 gold per game (with heavy usage of bonus items), I'm now at 69 of 72 figures. I still need two figures from Series 23 (the Rock Climber and the Beach Goer) and one figure from Series 24 (the Seamstress). I've accumulated and spent over 100000 gold on "Legendary Packs" so far. With refunds considered, I'd guess I've opened over 200 packs; this is why it's the best strategy to feel the real packs (and, of course, as long as you find a complete real box, all figures are usually included). :lol:

If anyone would like to trade codes, I'd gladly open another Series 22 Knight, Gladiator, or Merman to exchange for any of the three above to avoid staring at this mindless game any longer. :lol: If you really need codes from any of these three figures, I'd offer them without any exchange too since I have several of them.
~Pynedor~