Author Topic: 4611 Royal Guard special...old and new...  (Read 24155 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
4611 Royal Guard special...old and new...
« on: May 07, 2010, 19:33:10 »
Hello all,

Well, finally I went mental and bought 40 4611 special soldiers....I do not think there is a single toy store down town Thessaloniki that has any left...
I was very anxious to see if there were any differences with the older special so i took one of the new ones out of its box, and started looking at it.... By accident, I also saw the only difference between the two....

But first look here...the one on the left (as you see it) is the old 4611 and the one on the right is the new one...

No differences whatsoever...even the same mold was used...as can be seen under the feet...

But, and here is the major difference, once you look into the hat you can see it...

The left one is the old one while the right one is the new one....and the new one feels to stand better on the klicky's head, and no there is no difference between old and new hair....

So if you bid on any of them used on ebay, ask from the seller to show you the hat first, thus determining which edition is it.... (and here comes the question what if they show us an older hat on a new klicky.... 8} 8} 8} 8})

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: 4611 Royal Guard special...old and new...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 19:35:28 »
Great review Panos, those soldiers look great - but 40! :o :o :o

Are you going to make a set up for us to see? ;D

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 19:44:52 »

40 Royal Guards seems to be just about the right number, Panos ...  :klickygrin:

If you haven't seen Martin's post about 4611, you might want to click HERE!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 19:55:53 »
Great review Panos, those soldiers look great - but 40! :o :o :o

Are you going to make a set up for us to see? ;D

Well, i always wanted to have a lot of a single klicky, knight or soldier....  i thought i could achieve it with the 4583 special, as i think i counted correctly, i have 52

Hmmm i probably will take a picture of all these soldiers....but not yet unboxed....

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 20:00:42 »
WOW! They look awesome! :o :o :o

The only single klicky I have in any large quantity is 12x 4534 temple knight which I don't really know what to do with. I pressume you have a grand plan for yours?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 20:07:13 »

40 Royal Guards seems to be just about the right number, Panos ...  :klickygrin:

If you haven't seen Martin's post about 4611, you might want to click HERE!

That was indeed a most educational thread Richard!!! Thank you for bringing it to my attention! I too love playmobil for giving us history lessons!!!
And now that i think about it....can anybody tell me what admiral this is k3110 - Admiral? I s he french? is he english??? I know i've seen Lord Nelson's portrait paintings with similar coloured uniforms...the design though seems to be french...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 20:13:28 »
WOW! They look awesome! :o :o :o

The only single klicky I have in any large quantity is 12x 4534 temple knight which I don't really know what to do with. I pressume you have a grand plan for yours?

Thank you Damo!!! Lets just say that, ''in an old naval shipyard/base/prison on a desolate island, the Grand Admiral (or emperor) decides to pay a visit, so that he can see for himself its strategic importance...'' (what of a desolate island?????)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 21:49:31 »

And now that i think about it....can anybody tell me what admiral this is ... the design though seems to be french...

The Brits would never put North at the bottom of a map!

And, the moustache looks French ...  :klickygrin:

see attachments

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 21:59:10 »

The Brits would never put North at the bottom of a map!

And, the moustache looks French ...  :klickygrin:

see attachments

You're right Richard, I am holding this small map now in my hands, its a reversed map  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o This is actually cuba and the coast of florida upside down!!! Is it not???

The moustache is french....but the uniform...still looks like a brit to me....werent french naval uniforms at that time red???

Logically, since all the soldiers that were made from playmobil at that time were supposed to be french this is indeed a french admiral.....but still....
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 22:04:27 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 22:41:35 »

I am holding this small map now in my hands, its a reversed map. This is actually Cuba and the coast of Florida upside down!!! Is it not ???

The moustache is French....but the uniform...weren't French naval uniforms at that time red ???

You really know the Caribbean, Panos! Yes, that's Cuba and Florida, the Caribbean islands and the coast of Venezuela. All upside down.

And, you are correct about the French naval uniforms being red. I have attached an image of the French naval uniforms during the time of the American War for Independence. However, the French naval uniforms may have looked quite different during the time of Nelson and the battle of Trafalgar.