Author Topic: 4847 Treasure Hunters Metal Detector  (Read 5138 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
4847 Treasure Hunters Metal Detector
« on: August 31, 2010, 02:34:34 »

Set 4847, Treasure Hunters with Metal Detector, is currently available from TRU in the USA for $29.99

The set includes a landscaped section, a giant iguana, two klickies and a wheeled vehicle carrying the metal detector.

The landscape section looks very nice, and has a hiding place for a crystal for the metal detector to find. There is a disappointing mismatch between the treetop and roots colors which is also present in the temple set but I hadn't noticed before.

The iguana has a hinged jaw.

He also fits neatly through the rock arch of the landscape section.

The two klickies have the diamond logo on their left sleeves, and are nicely dressed for jungle exploration. The fatter klicky has some damage to his front, disappointing for a klicky straight out of the package. They have less handheld items between them than one might hope for, but just enough to fend off a giant iguana.

Oh, the metal detector buggy. I really can't like this fantasy vehicle, try as I might. it just looks stupid. The detector does really work, at least, emitting a beep when it is near metal.

From the back, not much better. There are three stickers to put on the buggy.

The landscape section and klickies are useful, the iguana OK, but the metal detector buggy, hmm. I suppose kids won't care, and will enjoy using it to find lots of metal bits other than the crystals (which have a metal foil insert).

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
Re: 4847 Treasure Hunters Metal Detector
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 02:42:01 »
Great review Martin! I like the yellow iguana!  :P It looks like you almost have all the collection of the treasure hunters!  ;D

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 03:05:57 »
Thanks for the review, Martin!  It's a shame about the fat klicky's printing flaw. :(
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 07:35:37 »
Great review and pics Marin!! Thanks!! You really dug into the theme eh? I starting to like it!!

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 07:54:07 »
Great Review Martin! I like the giant animals in this theme and the landscaping options, but the klickies and vehicles don't do much for me.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 07:55:08 »
Is it me or are we getting less and less accessories per set for our money?
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 14:32:23 »
Great review Martin
I think the accessories are pretty typical for this size set.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 15:32:36 »
Is it me or are we getting less and less accessories per set for our money?

We get a giant metal detector...(at leats for klicky standards) and a giant lizard!!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Looking at Martin's pictures again, I really starting to like this set!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 16:35:02 »
Hi

I always found this car thingy very silly looking. Where in the real world would you find a huge metal detector on a vehicle? Playmobil was a toy of real life in miniature. The price seems rather high as well. $30 seems a lot for a small base, 2 klickies, some plants and a lizard. I guess the metal detector is where most of the money is. That vehicle does not even look like we could use it for anything else really. It has that big space in the middle when you take the detector out . I also am not very fond of these over-sized reptiles that have hit the market. They are just way out of scale but maybe the crystal is actually uranium and has growth properties to it.  I really like the Klickies and their attire and will want to get them.

Thanks for the review Martin.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 16:58:04 »
Thanks for the review, Martin, although I find the set unimpressive and the giant metal detector a hoot.   :lol:  Just the thing to manoeuvre through the dense jungle!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”