Creative > How-To

Removing klicky hands?

(1/6) > >>

mwilbury:
This topic has probably been covered, but I couldn't find it in a search. . . is there an easy way to pop the hands out of the arms? 

Martin Milner:
Not without breaking the arms unfortunately. They are molded in.

Wolf Knight:
I tried it sometimes withterrible results...if the arm would not crack, the hand would be VERY loose in another arm making it frustrating to try and make the klicky hold something steady....

reylocann:
 :wave:

I have actually had some success removing hands.... I had to change the skin colour of one of my klickys and got the hands out without too much trouble.  It was an older klicky - probably late 80's early 90's.  I used a special pair of needle nose pliers [the have a foam like material in the jaws]. I grabbed the wrist below the hand and  gently rocked it back and forth using moderate pressure and the hand popped out without visible damage to the wrist or hand. The opening in the arm did widen a bit [a mm or so], however, the replacement hand still had to be "popped" in and was fairly secure.  To be on the safe side I warmed the joint and "tightened" it back around the hand. 

Rey

Wolf Knight:

--- Quote from: reylocann on April 14, 2010, 03:40:27 ---To be on the safe side I warmed the joint and "tightened" it back around the hand. 

--- End quote ---

Havent thought of that....good idea!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version