Author Topic: How far back ...  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
How far back ...
« on: October 19, 2011, 22:59:45 »
... do DS 'supplies' go?

I mean, if I order parts from old-ish sets, would they have them in stock? For eg ... if I were to order the friar's sandals, or the purple ribbons on the girl in the Merry Men's Feast and so on, can I hope to get them? Cause it would be a bit of a hassle to type out an order like that and not have anything arrive.

Any help would be appreciated, on the matter.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
Re: How far back ...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 23:40:07 »
If it is in the last 5 years or has been used again in a set in the last 5 years.. you have a good shot... otherwise it really just depends on whether they want to really check hard for the parts AND if they happen to still have them... so I think the sandals have been used more recently though you might need to get a different color.  :)
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 06:29:36 »
If it is in the last 5 years or has been used again in a set in the last 5 years.. you have a good shot... otherwise it really just depends on whether they want to really check hard for the parts AND if they happen to still have them... so I think the sandals have been used more recently though you might need to get a different color.  :)

What I thought  ::) :'( :)

Thanks.

Offline Playmofool

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 11:03:48 »
It used to be six years until 2009, it has been shortened to 4 years after a set was discontinued.

This doesn't apply to DS- or exclusive sets, only the regular catalogue ones.

Even though, some spare parts that are ordered on a regular basis stay in the ETN-programme. Others dropped out earlier, I've been told.

But as a rule of thumb, 4 years after the set disappeared from the catalogue seems to work in most cases.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 11:06:26 »
It used to be six years until 2009, it has been shortened to 4 years after a set was discontinued.

This doesn't apply to DS- or exclusive sets, only the regular catalogue ones.

Even though, some spare parts that are ordered on a regular basis stay in the ETN-programme. Others dropped out earlier, I've been told.

But as a rule of thumb, 4 years after the set disappeared from the catalogue seems to work in most cases.

That means vikings stuff would not be available anymore: it was phased out, locally, around five years ago!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 14:59:25 »
you never know, you can still try and ask for them and see what happens.

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 15:18:53 »
you never know, you can still try and ask for them and see what happens.

yeah, I second that. No longer produced doesn't mean out of stock.  ;) There's hope!
BTW, for the friar's sandals, I asked last year, they don't have them anymore... :hissyfit:
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 15:26:16 »
Yes the official rule is 4 years and then they remove them. It's due to running out of storage space.
The thing with Playmobil is that items turn up again. They will use the same mold for a part in a new set and it suddenly becomes available again. The silo in this year's farm series uses the oval window first created for PlaymoSpace. It's a different color of clear plastic, but it fits if you need a replacement. They are doing that kind of thing all the time.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 18:10:14 »
I love that farm silo... But just the silo :(