Author Topic: 6695 Royal Tribune with Alex (Super 4)  (Read 2905 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 6695 Royal Tribune with Alex (Super 4)
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 14:29:48 »
Disappointing that the pavilion part appears to be a variant of a magic carpet. The Cloth just hangs magically in the air above the stage.

Yes, very... Feels flimsy, doesn't look good.. A real shame.

I thought the new gold was the shiny stuff that came with several sets including the fi?ures. I wonder why they've gone with this non-shiny colour for their recent sets like this one and the one with the pirate's treasure?

I don't really have a problem with the color.. variety and all. It's the molded lump that's not so good, imo..

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 03:11:05 »
Different tastes I guess, I really like the moulded pile of treasure, just wished it was the shiny gold. If I get one of the sets with it in it I'm spray painting the treasure with metallic brass paint.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 14:02:56 »
Thanks for the nice review and the pictures. I had big hopes for this set seeing as the old version is becoming rare and expensive. Playmobil should stick to making modern sets with these new techniques and just re-release old sets with these new klickies 
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 09:43:20 »
I know this is a very old topic but I wanted to say that I had been VERY keen to get the tribune (the klicky's, not so much - too, too different) and your review has settled me not to. Its very disappointing that it is so flimsy as I like the style. 
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2016, 15:31:51 »
I know this is a very old topic but I wanted to say that I had been VERY keen to get the tribune (the klicky's, not so much - too, too different) and your review has settled me not to. Its very disappointing that it is so flimsy as I like the style.

:(   We had initially considered gettig two of them.. thank the gods we didn't.

Offline indianapierre

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Draft in Dance.com
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 01:24:20 »
I actually love the tribune! I grabbed it the first chance I could (something I don't do too often), initially with the plan of leaving off the canopy. After assembling it, I changed my mind and kept the canopy on. I too wish the canopy stands had been sturdier looking, but it is such a small detail after you've loaded up some furniture and klickies!

I'm far more bothered by the flimsy posts of the newest canopy bed, and grateful Playmobil did not try that with this set. My castle could definitely use a second tribune, though i don't know where it would go.