Author Topic: My attempt at sewing for Playmobil  (Read 2775 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: My attempt at sewing for Playmobil
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2021, 05:59:01 »
Thanks, I kind of cheated by using fabrics that don't fray easily. Loads more scraps to experiment with

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2021, 09:31:20 »
Thats not really cheating! Great work! :D
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tarra Nova

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2021, 12:58:01 »
This is definitely worth pursuing!
I’ve been looking to use microfibre fabrics- they’re thin, drape nicely/less bulk, and most don’t need hemming! I used some patterned eyeglass wipes to make nice, flat rugs, but am now inspired to use them for clothing too.
Sheila

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2021, 07:58:51 »
I seem to remember Sylvanian clothes having wee little hems. My machine wants to eat wee little hems; even for these seams, I used tissue paper to keep them out of the feed dogs. Sylvanians are mass-produced, so this is doable.

Microfiber would work. The green floral I used is a microsuede, which is a similar idea with a more robust backing. The blue fabric is thicker, so it looks proper wintery. It might make good curtains, if I can find a way to cleanly cut holes.