Author Topic: 4045 - Road Sweeper  (Read 9663 times)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: 4045 - Road Sweeper
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 19:50:00 »
LOL

Hmmmm

I must admit my eyes are usually drawn to other themes when in the toyshop. Will have to pay closer attention next time *grin*

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 23:51:18 »
A great review Damo,  :clap:
I must admit that it is not something I would have considered but perhaps it would fit in with my modern street diorama...(oh no, something else to look out for!)

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 06:15:46 »
I found a picture of the Dickie "bendy" sweeper.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 11:31:50 »
        :cheerlead: :cheerlead: :cheerlead: :cheerlead: :cheerlead: :cheerlead:

Got the PM one today!

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 14:32:26 »

Got the PM one today!

Ah, but does Diane know? ;D

Are you pleased with your purchase? - I find that it picks up most effectively by pushing down on the cab as it goes along

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 15:28:31 »
Ah, but does Diane know? ;D

Are you pleased with your purchase? - I find that it picks up most effectively by pushing down on the cab as it goes along

I don't think she does.  I bought it while we were shopping separately and put it in my small rucksack in the boot of the car with the rest of the shopping.  When I unloaded, I noticed that the zip on my rucksack was partly open and the box was visible, although not much, so she may have spotted it.

As yet, I've not had chance to try it out, but it looks very interesting in the bags.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 20:15:30 »
Excellent review Damo!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 14:01:11 »
I've got my sweeper assembled and tested and great fun.  However, I'm not sure where the electrical warning stickers go as they aren't shown on the box images.  I thought I'd check where Damo put them, but he hasn't used them.  The plans suggest they go on a ribbed section but that seems difficult from the point of view of them sticking, so I'll experiment and post a photo of them finally in place.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 14:23:19 »
I've got my sweeper assembled and tested and great fun.  However, I'm not sure where the electrical warning stickers go as they aren't shown on the box images.  I thought I'd check where Damo put them, but he hasn't used them.  The plans suggest they go on a ribbed section but that seems difficult from the point of view of them sticking, so I'll experiment and post a photo of them finally in place.

I have used them but it is not possible to see them in my pics. On the box image if you look closely just behind the front wheel at the bottom a bit can be slightly seen. These two are a bit pointless really in my opinion.

same the other side

Damo :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 14:41:14 »
I see them now!  I've just stuck them above the three raised ribs, as in the attached photo, and I'm going to replace the blue broom with a grey one.