Author Topic: Scooby-Doo! Series 2 (70717)  (Read 766 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Scooby-Doo! Series 2 (70717)
« on: July 05, 2021, 20:20:54 »
Scooby-Doo - Surprise series 2 (70717) 

direct link on playkingdoms.

Some nice figures... though a lot are repeats from sets.. or just ose to them!  :o

(still need to hunt a couple from those)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Scooby-Doo! Series 2 (70717)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 21:28:40 »
Great overview as always. The mop is not new, I have one from some other set. The handle color is probably new though.

The hair on Fred was more accurate to the show in the first version, that you don't like apparently. I actually really like that hair style. Was used with the jazz band a long time ago and doesn't show up much.

Lovely customs from them.

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 21:43:11 »
Interesting to see - astonishing they don't pick up on the visibility of the hair slot. I do sense there have been some quality control issues. We've only been collecting for 18 months but at the start we had no missing parts from sets; now it's a very comon occurrence.

I bought two of those brooms through the spare part service so the pirates can swab the deck of their ship! ;D A spare parts service ... those were the days ...  :'(

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 07:35:47 »
Great overview as always. The mop is not new, I have one from some other set. The handle color is probably new though.

Ah, thanks - I don't think we had one... but my memory isn't what it used to be. Still an awesome item! :)

The hair on Fred was more accurate to the show in the first version, that you don't like apparently. I actually really like that hair style. Was used with the jazz band a long time ago and doesn't show up much.

That hair falls below THAT HAIR around here. It may be the all time least liked hair around here since EVER - well, since the band (they all changed hairs by now). I will refrain form mentioning the names for both, since it probably breaks the uneven kindergarten language rule...  :P

I did find it useful :o for Colonel Tigh: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (thread link, right here)

Lovely customs from them.

Thank you - I don't give a darn about scooby (the series), but there are lovely parts there :)

Interesting to see - astonishing they don't pick up on the visibility of the hair slot.

I am more and more convinced nobody looks twice at things. Or even actually tries the final decision once. The sets, the images and the "translations" on the sites... they don't give a darn. Unfortunately.

I do sense there have been some quality control issues. We've only been collecting for 18 months but at the start we had no missing parts from sets; now it's a very comon occurrence.

Very true - did this review for many series before coming to one with missing parts. Now, there isn't a series that doesn't have them. Same with sets... these days, it's a very common thing. Lets not mention the print quality... of lack of it.

I bought two of those brooms through the spare part service so the pirates can swab the deck of their ship! ;D A spare parts service ... those were the days ...  :'(

A great idea - my wallet is not impressed with you.  :P