Author Topic: Super 4 Main Cast customization possibilities?  (Read 3773 times)

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
Super 4 Main Cast customization possibilities?
« on: October 26, 2020, 10:12:52 »
Sorry to bring this back up again, but I'm reeeaally curious...has anyone truly been able to do anything with the main 4 heroes from this line?

I have been thinking about this for a few days, Tahra and eventually got around to pulling heads off Super4 klickies. You are, of course, absolutely right: the heads are not freely interchangeable, but fall into those three groups.

For each type of head, I measured the diameter of the neck stem (just below the neckline) and the length of the neck stem (the part that's normally invisible inside the klicky)

1. Normal heads (Neck stem is 6mm in diameter at the top and 13.25mm long)
    This group includes Sir Gareth (30 00 6413) and the Boss Sykronian (30 00 1804), neither of which has removable hair.

2. Heads with narrow necks (neck stem is 5.25mm in diameter at the top and 16mm long)
    This group includes both non-removable hair on Gene (30 00 1804) and the Sykronian Expendable (30 00 0029) as well as removable hair (which IS compatible with all 'normal' heads) on Alex (both types 30 00 0019 and 30 00 0049) and Ruby (both types, 30 14 0019 and 30 14 0029)

3. Heads with even narrower necks (neck stem is 4.8mm in diameter at the top and about 17mm long- the end broke off the end of my Twinkle's neck when I decapitated her!)
    This group includes the four fairies, such as Twinkle (30 14 0039), Lorella (k6689), 30 14 0009 and the Quick fairy.

I have not investigated other klickies (Spirit, for example), but I think any klicky that has removable hair must have a Type 1 or 2 head. With Type 2 heads with removable hair, the back of the head is cylindrical:

So, I have modified my hair chart to make it clear that Gene, Twinkle and Sir Gareth can't actually swap heads! I have also added in the two Sykronian  styles and the rabbit heads (which, like the tall Sykronian, do not have hair at all!). Updated version here.

I understand their models are very different, but surely someone's done a workaround right? I know it's been discussed here:

https://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=17046.msg309330#msg309330

That grinding their necks down is a possibility. Tahra also mentioned that they're necks are a bit thinner than the normal ones, so they'd have to be thickened in some way, maybe artificially with dried adhesive or something? I know it sounds a like a lot for one klicky but it just seems so fascinating. I'd do it myself, but I don't exactly have and duplicates I can part with, and I'm not all that confident in permanently disfiguring a klicky myself.

If anyone decides to tackle this, please show us how it went!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Super 4 Main Cast customization possibilities?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 13:26:53 »
I didn't, and don't plan to. I hope we NEVER get enough possibilities.

These new bodies are lousy, and their existence adds nothing, imo.

A real shame, cause there are some great parts. Especially the fairies and the weirdos from Spirit. Gorgeous parts. 
(And even as is, if most didn't look like morons due to the faces being misprinted :( , those spirito ones would make pretty klickys)

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 14:03:30 »
I didn't, and don't plan to. I hope we NEVER get enough possibilities.

These new bodies are lousy, and their existence adds nothing, imo.

A real shame, cause there are some great parts. Especially the fairies and the weirdos from Spirit. Gorgeous parts. 
(And even as is, if most didn't look like morons due to the faces being misprinted :( , those spirito ones would make pretty klickys)

It is rather tragic. That's why it'd be nice if there was a way to salvage them.  :( I love the main 4's heads and would love to customize with them. They just need some extra work.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 14:28:55 »
It is rather tragic. That's why it'd be nice if there was a way to salvage them.  :( I love the main 4's heads and would love to customize with them. They just need some extra work.

Yes, the few that are not ruined by being printed on the forehead look awesome.. A real shame these are not normal klickyes :(

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 00:12:37 »
I was tempted to find an alternative where I just edit the "ribs", by drilling a hole somewhere in the bottom, BUUUUUUUUT that would interfere with the legs.  >:( If anyone has any pics of a dismantled Super 4 main character (particularly their innards) next to a normal klicky innard I'd appreciate that too!  ;D