General > Community Events

Kirkbean Playmobil Festival 2016

(1/6) > >>

skypurr:
Having seen a comment recently about last year's event I realised that I hadn't posted anything about this year's festival.

It is due to take place from  Friday 22nd - Monday 25th July.

I am a little behind in the organising as my husband Sandy passed away suddenly at Easter.  He was a great supporter of the event and I know he would have wanted us to carry on so it is giving us as a family something to look forward to.

We are being joined once again by Gordon (playmofire) whose display this year is a variation of his Island Railway and Walter (Walt's-Trains)  who is bringing his Winter display.

As a family we are producing four displays ourselves.
I have been asked to repeat my Hogwarts and Hogsmeade diorama, hopefully with more students - perhaps on one of the Hogsmeade visit days. 
Our other dioramas include a sea battle of sorts - Sandy was going to help with that so I am still planning what to do (any ideas would be appreciated!)
Also a type of farm/fun park diorama and a dinosaur/stone age themed one.
In addition we are having small nursery rhyme scenes dotted around the hall.

Lots to do, not helped by the fact that a lot of my Playmobil is in storage and I have to try to remember what I have and try to work out what more I need to obtain.

If anyone can get along to visit (or help set up in the week before the event) you will be made very welcome.   :)

basilsdad:
Wonderful Elaine!  I was just wondering about Kirkbean, so glad you are proceeding with the tradition, it is the highlight of the summer.   :)

Joe

tahra:
So sorry about your loss :(

Though I can't see it in person, looking forward to pics from your displays. You always have great ones.

GrahamB:
That is very sad news about Sandy, Elaine. I hope preparations for Kirkbean may be good for you as a family, but it will no doubt seem very different this year, like everything, I guess!
I would love to come and help out, but I fear my own family commitments will make that difficult. One day maybe!

bonniebeth:
Glad to hear you're going to carry on and do the show this year Elaine, since it's what he would have wanted. I know it isn't easy under the circumstances. Hopefully it will be therapeutic for you and your boys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version