Author Topic: Virus pop up when opening the site  (Read 7683 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Virus pop up when opening the site
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 00:42:08 »
the virus warning poping up here,  is not there anymore. I guess that's a good thing.  :-\
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 04:06:43 »
Wasn't Playmobored hacked and this is when Panos gave up the site?

What are the risks of being on here if the site has been compromised?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 10:57:47 »
Just your registration info can be at the mercy of the palymoterrorists.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 14:38:01 »

I've sent a message to the support team at Dreamhost to tell them what happened, and I will be changing my FTP password (only known to me AFAIK) just in case that is how the hackers got in.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 22:00:02 »
i too had the same problem as Gastón - i was away from the forum for 2 days b/c of that  >:( :o

(i mostly log in at work, where i am almost all day and that's where i got the pop up ad - didn't experience this issue on my phone)

thank you for working on it :cloud9:
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2011, 03:28:25 »
I agree with you as a virus pop up would show when I was logging in into www.playmofriends.com but not when logging into www.playmofriends.com/forum  :hmm:

I am delighted it is now sorted as I was equally worried about it  ;)

Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2011, 09:35:17 »

I've been advised to upgrade everything - the Coppermine Photo Album is a very old version and there are of course more recent versions of the forum program we're using too. Call me cynical, but I think this is primarily an easy way for the webhost to put the blame squarely at my door and completely absolve themselves of any fault.  :hmm:

The trouble is it's not a simple process because some of the important features on the forum such as the questions on the registration form were added by modifying the original scripts. To get everything working exactly the same with an upgraded version of SMF could take me several days. I'm keen to get it done (as it's long overdue) but I can't spare the time to do it right now. Maybe in the summer there will be an opportunity to do so. :crossed:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2011, 12:55:18 »
Thank you for your update and all your hard work to keep this forum up and running Sylvia!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2011, 13:35:46 »
Yes sylvia, thank you so much for all you do! I'm sorry this is going to make more work for you.  :(
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2011, 02:05:56 »
I agree with you as a virus pop up would show when I was logging in into www.playmofriends.com but not when logging into www.playmofriends.com/forum  :hmm:

I am delighted it is now sorted as I was equally worried about it  ;)

Karim :)

About a week or so ago, a similar thing happend to me, but not here but when I (tried to) visit "Klickywelt". The "dot com" caused trouble, the "dot com / forum" worked fine.  ???

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!