Author Topic: New Specials at Target USA  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
New Specials at Target USA
« on: July 15, 2006, 19:18:37 »
Ok, so on my birthday I made it to Target and found some interesting things. First they are obviously getting ready to bring out the new sets, since MANY of the sets are being cleared out. I did not buy one, but Blackbeard's Ship is marked down to $21 at my Target store.

I did find a couple of new specials already there. So without further ado, here ya go. There were four, and I am certain there are two others since they always come out in sixes. I guess one will be the special police figure Hadoque posted...

(I just saw Andi's post - Santa must be the 6th USA special. I guess they used to be called Pals, but the new boxes just say Playmobil.)
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: New Specials at Target USA
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 22:33:03 »
Interesting. They will probably be available here in a few weeks, they tend to be late here - though I did pick up one of the discounted pirate ships recently.

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 03:10:17 »
I did not pick up any of the ships, because money is tight right now. But if there are any left when I go back, I may not be able to resist! :D I have spare masts and rigging from other ships, so it would make a great and cheap base for a custom... Hmmmm. (sound of rusty wheels turning...)
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 18:34:18 »
But if there are any left when I go back, I may not be able to resist! :D

That sounds all TOO familiar, Cap'n Henry ... :lol:

When I was in Fort Lauderdale last month, I went to the Tuesday Morning store where I spotted Viking set 3151 for $49.00 !!! Even though that particular set is not one of my favourites, I just couldn't resist buying it at that price ... :lol:

Thanks for sharing your Happy Birthday presents with us, Cap'n Henry ... :)

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), there are no Target stores in Canada. So, I'll have to wait until I go down to Seattle next month to see all the new "USA Exclusive Sets" ... ;)

Thanks again and all the best,
Richard

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 21:36:55 »
When I was in Fort Lauderdale last month, I went to the Tuesday Morning store where I spotted Viking set 3151 for $49.00 !!! Even though that particular set is not one of my favourites, I just couldn't resist buying it at that price ... :lol:

What a great price! I would have snapped it up too. :)
That set usually retails for £60 here (approx US $110!), although I have seen it reduced to £45 at one online shop.

Offline hoppatussa

• Southern Belle @ heart
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 14:36:30 »
I love that baseball player.  I wish the Target Pals were unique like that more often. 

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 18:31:38 »
The use of the French on the boxes makes me believe that the sets are intended for sale in the Canadian market too. You might want to check whichever major retail chain in Canada does sell Playmo, Richard.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 18:50:15 »
The use of the French on the boxes makes me believe that the sets are intended for sale in the Canadian market too. You might want to check whichever major retail chain in Canada does sell Playmo, Richard.

Thanks, Tim ...

The only possibility that I can think of is TRU. I'll check them out when I go into Victoria.

Thanks again and all the best,
Richard

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 01:01:07 »
Went by the Target again today and just wanted to confirm that indeed, the special tactics officer and Santa Claus round out the new set of Target specials...

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 20:07:26 »
Thx for the piccies! It's the 1st time I see pals which weren't available before as specials or limited items (like Pirate Rico) in Europe...I wonder if the special policeman and the baseballplayer will show up here as well  ???

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!