Author Topic: NEW POLICE AND LIVING HOUSE 2008 - UPDATE !!!  (Read 13887 times)

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
NEW POLICE AND LIVING HOUSE 2008 - UPDATE !!!
« on: January 27, 2008, 13:02:49 »
Hi,

ENJOY the pics......
thx to Knusperkeks.

world greets

Andi
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 19:25:31 by Customizer »

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
Re: NEW POLICE AND LIVING HOUSE 2008 !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 13:10:24 »
more......

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 13:12:23 »
more........

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 13:28:55 »

The house looks fabulous!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

The balcony and conservatory add an exciting new dimension and I prefer the steep roof. It feels more in keeping with the style of your average, modern European home than the previous modern house set.

I don't think I will be able to resist buying it even though I've no space to store another big set like this. 8}

I know much of the furnishings in the new sets are just different colourings or prints but it all still looks very fresh.

Pleased to see an updated television set and there's even a small aquarium! :D

Thank you Andi and Knusperkeks!!! :*)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 14:45:57 »

Hello, Andi ...

Thank you very much for finding all these great new sets!

I love that SEAPLANE !!!

(I can't wait for Jimbo to see it!)

Thanks again and all the best my friend,
Richard

Offline hoppatussa

• Southern Belle @ heart
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 16:10:13 »
Thanks for the pictures!!  The new house is great... especially the set witht the sunroom and the grandparents!!  I love the new ponytail hairstyle for the little girls too!    A great update for the police too.  The new police house is soo different from the older ones... plus they should never run out of guns. 

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 16:12:47 »
It's great to finally to see some pic's!

I must admit that neither the modern living nor Police are themes that attract me. But these are great looking sets. I even might be tempted to buy the thieves as the extras are fantastic.

And I loooooooooooooooooooooooooove the flyboat !!!!
Must try to get Tristan one  ;D

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 16:38:20 »
Thank you Andi and Knusperkeks for the pics.  These are more in my line than the Egyptian theme, impressive though that is.

The motorbike is looks like a nicely updated version of the previous police bike, e.g. more streamlined front, plus what appears to be a working blue light on the rear.  Great!  I customised my police bikes to have a blue light on the rear, but not a working one.

The new police station looks good with its glazed in office area.

The new police car looks very smart and well produced in its new livery, and the helicopter is a revised version apparently incoroporating the working rotors of the air ambulance and a new winch system.  It's nice to see a storage box for the equipment in the police car.

The plane doesn't really interest me, but looks a nice model.  I like the new uniforms and the new open-necked sack for the robbers' loot and the new jemmy or crowbar.

Overall, great new additions which should sell well.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 16:47:44 »
I agree with Sylvia about the new house, although it's a bit worrying to see that the modern parents' bedroom now has single beds!  Is this a sign of marital stress resulting from one of them spending tooi much on Playmobil?  ;D

I think I'd compromise on what to buy by buying the study set and the new roof with the Velux windows and balcony from DS to go on my present one and a bit family houses.

I see there's a working doorbell, btw.  When we went to the FunPark (some pics to follow) one thing we were told was that PM was updating its approach by introducing more electronics, but on a small scale.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 18:23:40 »
Well I love all of these. I have avoided the modern house in the past because I didn't like the architecture, but this one is great. The more realistic roofline really helps.
Yes the police bike is a new style, they keep up with bike styles pretty well. I love the new float plane - do police in Europe actually have those? The jewel heist set is great - it looks like the case has an alarm that sounds if you bump it, so the fishing pole will be an actual challenge for play. The painting in that set is great too and could be used for a lot of different eras. The tropical poachers is an unusual set - reminds me of the jungle series but they have done something odd with the hovercraft, added outboards? ? I think the kitchen set is more comprehensive in the stuff provided than the previous one - I think all the room sets have more small accessories. The doors on the bedroom wardrobe look to be reflective - probably decals. The aquarium makes me extremely happy. I hope they have an add-on set for the house fencing - it looks far more like typical fencing here than anything they've produced previously.