Author Topic: Two new Volkswagen cars are coming  (Read 5242 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Two new Volkswagen cars are coming
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2022, 16:15:03 »

Thankfully the decals are to be placed by the buyer
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2022, 18:22:34 »
Well, that's fun. I don't envy the people who have to deal with fulfillment.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2022, 21:21:02 »
Well, that's fun. I don't envy the people who have to deal with fulfillment.

They're claiming 7-10 days for delivery

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2022, 22:58:09 »
Couldn’t they just make a few thousand of each color combination and then just assemble the package on demand , just get one of those Maltese workers at $0.50/hour
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2022, 00:09:38 »
Couldn’t they just make a few thousand of each color combination and then just assemble the package on demand , just get one of those Maltese workers at $0.50/hour

Yes, I'd assume they would premake the vehicles, but they would still need to be packed with the right klickies and stickers. It would be easy to get things mixed up.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2022, 00:54:12 »
Yeah, it will be labor intensive packaging. I assume the cost is the higher price point.

Offline rufusxavier1977

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2022, 04:09:01 »
The hippie figures are an obvious choice; however, I had already tracked down those same two hippie figures for the existing VW camper and I found out that neither will fit behind the steering wheel because of their vests. I was so disappointed, and ended up popping the guy to take his best off so he could drive. I am surprised they are pairing these figures unchanged as an option for the bus. People are going to be upset when they try to put them behind the wheel.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2022, 07:26:27 »
Yes, I'd assume they would premake the vehicles, but they would still need to be packed with the right klickies and stickers. It would be easy to get things mixed up.

Well, bigger mess than usual? Used to be VERY rare to come up short or with messed parts.. these days it's a common thing.

The hippie figures are an obvious choice; however, I had already tracked down those same two hippie figures for the existing VW camper and I found out that neither will fit behind the steering wheel because of their vests. I was so disappointed, and ended up popping the guy to take his best off so he could drive. I am surprised they are pairing these figures unchanged as an option for the bus. People are going to be upset when they try to put them behind the wheel.

The hippies are common, don't know why would anyone want them instead of the new exclusive? ones.. Same for the "brides" and "grooms" (though they may have some new parts as well - I'm not sure). AH. Wait. Those will maybe appeal to the non-collectors... I keep forgetting those  :P

About not fitting - I didn't know that  :-[ .... What a mess, and you are right.

It is VERY disappointing, but not really surprising. They do NOT test this stuff. Several years ago there were cases of klickys with holsters not fitting in vehicles, and they DO include speedos with those snap skirts with the Scooby van, which is beyond ridiculous.

I really like the new klickys though, they are GORGEOUS. What's with grandma's legs? I got that woman in short skirt and matching arms...  Or maybe it's a poor render and the shoes are actually normal longskirt highheeled feet?  ???

My favorite is the mechanic woman, I think.. that print in the back....   :love:

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2022, 10:04:00 »

It appears to come unassembled.

I have no idea how many they expect to sell, but surely I think it wouldn't make sense to pre-assemble them. At least they will have a rough idea, based on the last two VW editions, of how many orders they will expect.

I can't find how many the 'limited editions' were, but they're both still available.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2022, 10:45:04 »
Deleted as I quoted the wrong post.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”