Author Topic: New Specials Plus line  (Read 7703 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: New Specials Plus line
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 14:15:07 »
I'm really excited about these! And, since we're getting in on the ground floor, it will be easy to collect them all, right from the start. :wave:
No no no no no no no!

That was a resolution: if they end the specials, I WILL NOT start buying all of these too!

Don't give me ideas!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 14:16:49 »
I think the red knight is the closet we gonna get to something like an elite emperor guard as in star wars - for some reason the color of these weird knights reminds me of the guards of Emperor Palpatine, and it hat respect they can be very handy indeed .

Playmobil Special PLUS are called before of the very extra accesories they have right ? whats the point of arguing if they have accesories ? sounds a bit nonsense this argument, these are specials with extra accesories by definition and price
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 14:18:58 »
I don't see LOTS of accessories here. Is it just me? I mean, if you look at the archer, there's only the target and the arrow holder thingy, and that's it? And how much will they cost more than the old specials?

Well, you certainly get more than with a Special, although it varies from one Special Plus to another.  As for how much more they will cost, they are an extra 60 euro cents.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 00:16:57 »
That barbarian looks great, archer seems alright but I wonder if the hat is regular blue or dark blue. Those archery targets will be great for developing a training ground though.

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 02:07:58 »
Me too! This set with the completely new accessories and the other pizza chef in the Fi?ures range leads me to wonder if we might soon be getting a pizza parlour in the City Life theme... 8-)

I just spotted his rolled up/cuffed sleeves. Is that a new arm mold? I'm a bit out of touch on such things. :-[

I wonder if we'll see a pizza delivery truck soon.

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 04:49:48 »
I wonder if we'll see a pizza delivery truck soon.

Or even a pedestrian vehicle with a removeable pizza sign on the roof.  8-)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 07:36:43 »
Well, you certainly get more than with a Special, although it varies from one Special Plus to another.  As for how much more they will cost, they are an extra 60 euro cents.

Yes, yes ... it's true. But ... ( a big but for me), it's not necessarily extras I want or need :) In the old days I could buy 10 or 15 specials for army-building, because the price was reasonable, but now, at +60cents a pop, I don't think I'll do it.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 09:07:58 »
Yes, yes ... it's true. But ... ( a big but for me), it's not necessarily extras I want or need :) In the old days I could buy 10 or 15 specials for army-building, because the price was reasonable, but now, at +60cents a pop, I don't think I'll do it.

But that plus 60 cents is only for the Special Plus; if "normal" Specials continue to be produced, you can still build your forces up with them.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 09:33:43 »
It was said that the classic specials range would be discontinued.

I don't see what the problem is, here.

Boys love building armies ... it's what they do and what they've been doing for decades! Unfortunately there are no sets that make it easier to build armies, and I cannot understand why! If you take a look at the new redcoats, for example, you get most of the klickies in expensive sets ... and the single redcoat with the cannon is still too expensive for army building purposes. Obviously there is DS, but DS is known only to fans. People who pop into a shop rarely know about DS.

Is it so difficult to have a set - a normal, shop-sold set - containing for eg 5 red coats and their commander, like the old one from the early 90s? They would be a bit like Lego Star Wars battlepacks, even though with those, now, they have introduced the concept of 'conflict in a box', meaning that you dont get a set containing for eg 4 stormtroppers and another set containing 4 rebel soldiers, but one set containing 2 troopers and two rebels. The idea being that children wouldnt need to buy two sets to recreate a battle.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 12:59:18 »
That barbarian looks great, archer seems alright but I wonder if the hat is regular blue or dark blue. Those archery targets will be great for developing a training ground though.

99% sure dark blue! :P
Gus
:blackhair: