Author Topic: 70102 French FunPark exclusive?  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: 70102 French FunPark exclusive?
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2019, 23:39:05 »
Could it be the torso of the sailor in figures series 14?

Does anyone knows of the legs are unique as well of the French guy? Haven’t seen them so far...

I don´t think it is the same torso. The Figures sailor comes with dark-blue stripes, from the picture it looks like Frenchie has mid-blue stripes... And I´m not sure if the V-neck from the sailor could be hidden completely by the red scarf.
The legs have come before with another klicky, but they´re not very common with those brown shoes.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: 70102 French FunPark exclusive?
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2019, 20:34:40 »
They should do a whole range of national stereotypes. Dutch cheese seller dressed in orange, Scotsman in a kilt with a bottle of whisky, Norwegian fishmonger, Russian spy, Turkish kebab seller (exists), fat German with beer (exists) and so on.

Looks like we're getting the Scotsman, cross another one off the list. And instead of cheese seller, we do have at least one Dutch milkmaid, arguably a stronger stereotypical image.

It bears repeating though: playing up to national cultures and identities is a winning formula for PM in my opinion. The German museum specials and the Greek gods have been huge hits.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: